Budget Accommodation in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Budget Accommodation in Queen Elizabeth National Park are some of the hotels and lodges that travelers can stay at when they visit the park on wildlife safari tours. Queen Elizabeth national park is the most visited national park in Uganda due to unique attractions ranging from flora and fauna. Queen Elizabeth national park is the 2nd largest park located in western Uganda in Kamwenge, Rubirizi, Rukungiri and Kisoro district. Queen Elizabeth national park harbors various animals including 4 of the big 5 African mammals namely elephants, buffaloes, lions, leopards and other animals like hippos, bushbucks, waterbucks, Uganda kobs, Topi, warthogs, giant forest hog, crocodiles, primate species such as the chimpanzees, vervet monkeys, baboons, red tailed monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys, various bird species and the famous tree-climbing lions which are found in Ishasha sector. Queen Elizabeth national park offers several activities to visitors on a Uganda Safari Tour including lion tracking in Kasenyi plains, mongoose tracking at Mweya peninsula, boat cruise at Kazinga Channel, bird watching in Maramagabo forest, chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura Gorge, game drive in Kasenyi plains and Ishasha sector. These activities provide exceptional and unforgettable experiences on your safari in Queen Elizabeth national park.
Queen Elizabeth national park offers a wide range of budget accommodations to visitors with limited funds so as to make their safari complete and the accommodations include
Kazinga Channel View Resort: Kazinga Channel view resort is a Budget Accommodation in Queen Elizabeth National Park, situated in Katunguru one kilometer off Kasese-Mbarara road along the Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth national park. Kazinga channel view resort offers accommodation in form of Bandas which are established privately, single and double roomed cottages which are self-contained with double, twin beds distributed in a blockhouse and camping sites where visitors can carry their own camping equipment’s. Kazinga channel is strategically located in that it offers great scenic views of Kazinga Channel which offers the best boat cruise activity in Queen Elizabeth national park and views of animals such as elephants, buffaloes, hippos, giant forest hogs, warthogs and some bird species.
Kazinga Channel view resort offers services and facilities to visitors on a safari in Queen Elizabeth national park such as:
- A restaurant which serves complimentary breakfast, local, continental and international cuisines
- Children’s playground
- Laundry services
- Free internet
Tembo Safari Lodge: Tembo safari lodge is located within Queen Elizabeth national park overlooking Kazinga Channel a water body that connects Lake George and Lake Edward. Tembo safari lodge offers scenic views of Kazinga Channel, provides the best accommodation facilities at an affordable price for the budget travelers including:
- Basic double or twin room, the rooms are comprised of sleeping linens, private bathroom, shower, towel toiletries, and daily housekeeping.
- Cottages, Tembo safari lodge offers cottages with bedrooms comprised of 2 twin beds, a private bathroom, and a shower.
Other facilities at Tembo safari lodge
- The restaurant which serves breakfast, local and international dishes
- A bar which is stoked with different drinks
- Free internet in some public areas
- Satellite TV
- Daily housekeeping
Mweya Hostels and Cottages
Mweya hostel a budget accommodation located near Mweya safari lodge a luxury lodge in Queen Elizabeth national park and the hostel is managed by Uganda Wildlife Authority. Mweya hostel is strategically located and therefore provides great views of Kazinga Channel and different animal and bird species. Mweya hostel and cottages offer accommodation facilities like single and double self-contained rooms and self-contained guest houses which cater for 4 to 6 people and other facilities like
- A restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner comprised of local and international dishes
- Stocked bar
- Free internet
- A canteen where you can buy anything
- The living room among others
Engiri Game Lodge
Engiri game lodge is a Budget Accommodation located in Katunguru within Queen Elizabeth national park on the shores of Kazinga Channel 300 meters off Mbarara-Kasese road. Engiri game lodge offers accommodations like tents where each tent is comprised of two beds for two adults, has available camping tents for hire and camping sites for visitors who want to camp with their own tents. Engiri game lodge is situated in Queen Elizabeth national park, therefore, it offers great views of animals in the park such as elephants, buffaloes, hippos, warthogs and bird species which will be seen in your room verandah. The lodge also offers a favorable environment for relaxation after a game drive or boat cruise at the Kazinga channel.
Accommodation facilities at Engiri Game Lodge
- Basic tents, the basic tents have no beds and provide the mattresses to the visitors. The tents are established overlooking the gardens, contain showers and allow only two people or adults and a maximum of one child.
- Basic cottages, the basic cottages are comprised of bedrooms with two double or twin beds with 4 bathrooms and separate showers.
- Family cottages, these cottages are comprised of the bedroom with one king bed and two twin beds, sitting room, kitchen with refrigerator and microwave, 3 bathrooms, shower, and a desk. It allows a maximum of 4 adults and 3 children.
Other facilities and services offered include
- Free internet in public areas
- Free English breakfast
- Stocked bar
- Dry cleaning services
- Laundry services
- Designated smoking areas
Pumba Safari Cottages
Pumba safari lodge is located in Kyambura Gorge in the eastern part of Queen Elizabeth national park. Pumba safari lodge has privately established, self-contained and grass-thatched cottages where each cottage is comprised of two beds. Pumba safari cottages offer great views of Queen Elizabeth national park, animals and some bird species. The lodge also offers other services and facilities to the visitors including
- A restaurant which serves local and international dishes
- Well stocked bar
- Free WI-FI which is found in some public areas
- Gardens for relaxation
- Free breakfast
- Coffee shop
- Warm water
- Laundry services among other
Simba Safari Camp
Simba safari camp is located on a hill overlooking Lake Kikorongo in Queen Elizabeth national park two kilometers from the equator and is situated close to Mweya peninsular and Kasenyi plains which gives you easy accessibility for the game drives. Samba safari camp offers great views of Queen Elizabeth national park, Kazinga Channel, Lake George, wildlife, bird species, and the crater lakes.
- En-suite rooms, Simba safari camp has triple, double/twin rooms which are comfortable and spacious comprised of two single beds and double bed, veranda for relaxation, running water and flushing toilets.
- Dormitory room, Simba safari camp offers dormitory rooms with 3, 5 and 10 double-deckers with bathrooms and common showers that have hot and cold water for the dormitory rooms.
- Family cottages, Simba safari camp offers family cottages which consist of two-bedrooms, one king-size bed, one twin bed, a shared bathroom, a living room with one extra bed, veranda for relaxation and the family cottage accommodates a maximum number of 5 people.
- Campsite, Simba safari camp offers a private camp site for backpackers where visitors can bring their own camp equipment.
- The restaurant serves delicious meals including breakfast, lunch, and dinner at an affordable price. The meals served will, therefore, give you a taste of the African cuisine.
- Well stocked bar where you can get refreshments
- Lounge area with a TV and comfortable chairs
- Free internet available in public areas
- Wall fans among others.
Topi lodge is located at the gate of the Ishasha sector in the southern part of Queen Elizabeth national park. Ishasha sector is known as the only destination in Uganda with tree-climbing lions. Topi lodge offers spectacular views of the surrounding landscapes and Queen Elizabeth national park. Topi lodge offers comfortable double/twin rooms with private bathrooms.
Facilities at Topi lodge
- Free Wi-Fi available is some public places
- Gardens for relaxation
- Daily housekeeping among others
River Ishasha Lodge
The river Ishasha Lodge is a budget accommodation for budget travelers located on the banks of river Ntungwe a short drive to the Ishasha sector gate. The river Ishasha lodge offers great views of some wildlife like elephants, birds and offers comfortable en-suite cottages comprised of private bathrooms, camping sites for those interested in camping. At the river, Ishasha lodge offers other facilities like:
- Well-stocked bar
- Lounge area which offers views of the river
- Swing seats for relaxation
- Swimming pool
- Beach area for chilling, viewing sundowners among others.
Queen Elizabeth national park has a wide range of budget accommodation facilities where you can stay during your safari in Uganda.