4 Days Le Petit Virunga Safari
4 Days Le Petit Virunga Safari is a luxury gorilla package provided by Virunga national park given that the Democratic Republic of Congo offers trips inform of packages. Le Petit Virunga package includes the three nights’ stay in Virunga National Park: two nights’ accommodation at Mikeno Lodge, Mountain gorilla trek, Volcano trek and one night on Nyiragongo volcano. This package departs Goma 13:00 AM on Fridays so visitors must ensure they are in Goma by the provided time.
Highlights of the 4 Days Le Petit Virunga Safari
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Goma – Congo
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park
- Day 3: Nyiragongo hike experience
- Day 4: Return to Kigali
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Goma – Congo
- Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Goma: Depending on your location in Kigali – Rwanda, you will be picked up by your safari guide to embark on your journey to cross to Congo. Depart as early as 8 am so as to arrive Goma border by 11 am.
- After crossing to Goma, meet your Congo guide and connect to the Grande Barriere border post building by 11:30 am where the Virunga tourism office is conveniently located opposite passport control. Check-in by providing your booked gorilla and volcano trek permits. These permits must be presented before the start of each trek. After check-in, you will be transferred to your lodge. On arrival at Mikeno lodge, you will be served your lunch and spend your afternoon at leisure with incredible views of the Virunga mountains for example bird watching or take a nature walk. Dinner and overnight stay at Mikeno lodge
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park
- Gorilla trekking in Virunga: After breakfast, together with other guests, set off for the gorilla trekking activity by transferring to the Bukima Ranger Post and meet your Ranger guides and local posters and receive a briefing in relation to expectations required during the gorilla trek. After briefing, start the gorilla trek with your guides and porters. Gorilla trekking takes about 2-8 hours’ depending on the location of the gorilla family being visited and the difficulty of the terrains. On meeting the creatures, you will be allowed to spend 1 hours in the presence of the gorillas and be able to take pictures and videos. Later return to Bukima camp where you will connect back to your lodge and relax at the lodge with great memories of the trek.
Day 3: Nyiragongo hike experience
- Nyiragongo hike experience: After breakfast at your hotel, drive to Kibati for about 15kms for briefing about the hike by 8 am. With your trekking gears, depart to start the hike, this is a full day hike, spending a night at the peak with great views of the boiling lava, as the experience is more effective in the night. Camp at the top of the volcano
Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali city
- Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali city: On this last day, you will descend the Volcano and head down to Kibati by 11:00 am. Here, you will connect with your driver/guide and transfer to Goma then cross back to Rwanda – Gisenyi, meet your safari guide and connect for lunch in Gisenyi before you proceed to return to Kigali. Depending on your departure flight, you will be dropped off at Kigali international airport.
End of the 4 Days Le Petit Virunga Safari