14 Days Kenya & Uganda Safari is a long 2 weeks wildlife safari tour that a traveler can enjoy as they explore the wildlife in the two countries Uganda & Kenya.
Highlights of the 14 Days Kenya & Uganda Safari
- Day 1: Arrival in Nairobi and Transfer to Masai Mara
- Day 2: Masai Mara full day
- Day 3: Transfer to Lake Nakuru national park
- Day 4: Full day Nakuru national park
- Day 5: Transfer to Jinja town (Uganda)
- Day 6: Explore Jinja & Source of the Nile visit – Kampala city
- Day 7: Transfer to Kibale forest national park
- Day 8: Chimpanzee tracking experience and transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 9: Transfer to Bwindi via the Ishasha sector for climbing lions.
- Day 10: Gorilla trekking experience – Bwindi national park
- Day 11: Golden monkeys tracking – Mgahinga National Park & Lake Bunyonyi.
- Day 12: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park
- Day 13: Game drive and afternoon boat trip
- Day 14: Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe – Departure
Details of the tour
Day 1: Arrival in Nairobi and Transfer to Masai Mara
- Transfer to Masai Mara: After breakfast at your hotel in Nairobi, meet your driver-guide to drive you across the floor of The Great Rift Valley, the longest rift in the crust of the Earth to Masai Mara National Game Reserve via Narok. Arrive in time for lunch. This is the world’s most famous reserve known for having the highest concentration of plains’ game together with their assorted predators. Bisecting is the Mara River with its populations of Hippos and Crocodiles. After an afternoon siesta, you embark on a late afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Mara Simba Lodge for Mid-range/Rhino tourist Camp for budget
Day 2: Masai Mara full day
- Masai Mara Full Day Game Drive: After breakfast at your lodge, connect for a full day game drive in Masai Mara. Meet your guide early in the morning with your packed lunch. The Masai Mara plains have every kind of animal and are full of wildebeests during the wildebeest migration season in early July to end September. Animals include; Zebra, impala, topi, giraffe, Thomson’s gazelle are regularly seen, leopards, lions, hyenas, cheetah, jackal and bat-eared foxes. Black rhino are a little shy and hard to spot but are often seen at a distance. Hippos are abundant in the Mara River as are very large Nile crocodiles, which lay in wait for a meal as the wildebeest cross on their annual quest to find new pastures. Return to your lodge in the evening with dinner and overnight at lodge as above
Day 3: Transfer to Lake Nakuru national park
- Transfer to Lake Nakuru: After breakfast, enjoy another game drive in search for the missed animals. Later embark on your journey to Lake Nakuru national park passing through Narok and Lake Naivasha. You will arrive in the afternoon in Lake Nakuru then proceed to check-in your lodge. Dinner and overnight at Lake Nakuru Lodge (Mid-range)/Punda Milias Nakuru Camp for budget staying in Hippo cottages
Day 4: Full day Nakuru national park
- Full-Day Lake Nakuru Experience: After breakfast very early, meet your guide and start an early morning game drive to explore the park’s beauty. During the game drive, you will spot animals like the lions, leopards, hyenas and different antelope species. Later afternoon, drive to Lake Nakuru and enjoy the views of huge numbers of flamingo birds on the lake shores and other bird species. In addition to the birdlife of the park, explore the park’s wildlife spotting animals like the black and white rhinos, buffaloes, giraffes, impalas, and zebras. Before nightfall return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 5: Transfer to Jinja town (Uganda)
- Transfer to Jinja: On this fifth day of your 10 days Kenya & Uganda Safari, wake very early, have breakfast, check out of and embark on your journey to Uganda. Cross via Busia border to Uganda and connect to Jinja town. Arrive in the evening and connect to your lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at Source of the smile/2 Friends Guesthouse
Day 6: Explore Jinja & Source of the Nile visit – Kampala city
- Jinja Experience: After breakfast, meet your driver take you to various attractions in Jinja like the Itanda falls and do some of the interesting water activities like; water rafting, kayaking to mention a few., return for lunch then most importantly visit the source of the Nile and take a boat cruise on Lake Victoria. Later evening, drive to Kampala city where you will spend a night. Dinner and overnight at Forest Cottages for budget/Fairway Hotel for mid-range
Day 7: Transfer to Kibale forest national park
- Transfer to Kibale National Park: You will be picked up by your driver-guide to start your tour with a transfer to Kibale forest national park. This park is located in the western park of Uganda and it’s a 5-6 hours’ drive with en-route lunch and great views of the country’s landscape and the people. You will arrive in the afternoon and connect to your lodge for a restful evening, dinner and overnight stay at Chimpanzee Guesthouse – cottage for mid-range/Isunga lodge for budget
Day 8: Chimpanzee tracking experience and transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Chimpanzee Tracking: After early morning breakfast at the lodge, connect to Kibale National Park for your chimpanzee tracking experience with your packed snacks and water. You will first report at the park headquarters for a briefing before entering the forest for the activity. During your tracking, expect to see a lot of primate species like chimpanzees, monkeys and other animals like the forest elephants, buffaloes, bush pig and duiker, warthogs, reptiles as well as a colorful variety of butterflies. Return to the Lodge for lunch.
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park: After lunch, you will be transferred to Queen Elizabeth national park Uganda’s second-largest national park. This is a 3 hours’ drive from Kibale forest national park. You will have a stopover at the equator and take pictures then proceed to the park. Relaxation, dinner and overstay at Park View Safari Lodge for Mid-range/Pumba Safari Cottages for budget
Day 9: Transfer to Bwindi via the Ishasha sector for climbing lions.
- Transfer to Bwindi: After your morning breakfast, proceed for the usual game drive southwards to the Ishasha sector depending on where the animals will be and you will be able to spot the tree-climbing lions lazily lying on tress and other animals like the elephants, Uganda Kobs, leopards among others. Then proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (home of half of the remaining mountain gorillas in the world) as you will be driven further southwards. This is a 4-5 hours drive with en-route lunch. Arrive in the park late afternoon and locate your lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay at Ichumbi Gorilla lodge for Mid-range/Bakiga lodge for budget
Day 10: Gorilla trekking experience – Bwindi national park
- Gorilla Trekking: After early morning breakfast, you will be transferred to the park headquarters for a briefing about the endangered mountain gorillas from the park warden. Along with your trekking gear, drinking water, and packed lunch, the driver will drop you off at the starting point to trek the gorillas together with the ranger guides. This activity may take between 1-8 hours searching for the gorillas depending on their movement. However, meeting them is so rewarding and you will spend maximally 1 hour with them as you take time studying them and taking pictures and videos.
- Community Tours: After the gorilla trekking experience, the driver will be waiting to take you back to your lodge. If you still have time, you could take time and visit the community around the Bwindi forest and get to understand their ways of life. Later proceed to your lodge for relaxation dinner and overnight stay as above.
Day 11: Golden monkeys tracking – Mgahinga National Park & Lake Bunyonyi.
- Golden Monkey Tracking: You will have breakfast on day 11 of the 14 Days Kenya & Uganda Safari and head to the park headquarters for golden monkey tracking. Start trekking at 7 am taking about 2-5 hours tracking and on finding them, spend an hour with them before you return to meet your driver.
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: Have lunch then transfer to Lake Bunyonyi. Take a boat cruise along Lake Bunyonyi visiting the various islands and interacting with the locals. Dinner and overnight at Bunyonyi overland resort (budget)/Arcadia lodge (Mid-range)
Day 12: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: You will enjoy your morning breakfast and if you missed the boat, do the canoe then transfer to Lake Mburo national park with a stopover in Mbarara town for lunch and also visit Igongo cultural center and learn about the Ankole culture. Arrive in the evening at your lodge. Dinner and overnight at Eagle’s Nest Lodge (budget) Mpogo lodge (Mid-range)
Day 13: Game drive and afternoon boat trip
- Game Drive: You will go for an early morning game drive; the park is home to herds of Impala, as well as the more uncommon Topi, Eland, and Klipspringer, Burchell’s Zebra and buffalo also graze these areas.
- Boat Cruise: Return to the lodge for late breakfast and lunch, and then do a boat cruise in the afternoon where you will see hippos and different bird species. Return to lodge as above
Day 14: Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe – Departure
- Return to Kampala: You will have breakfast then drive out of the park to connect to drive back to Kampala City/Entebbe and depending on your flight schedule; you will either be dropped off at your own booked hotel or be dropped off at Entebbe airport for your onward flight.
End of the 14 Days Kenya & Uganda Safari
See also: 10 Days Uganda & Kenya Safari