9 Days Uganda Rwanda & Congo Safari is an amazing cross country safari tour where travellers enjoy wildlife in 3 different countries in East & Central Africa.
Highlights of the 9 Days Uganda Rwanda & Congo Safari
- Day 1: Pick-up and transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park.
- Day 3: Gorilla Trekking experience
- Day 4: Transfer to Musanze – visit the Burera and Ruhando lakes
- Day 5: Hike Mt. Nyiragongo Volcano
- Day 6: Descend down the Volcano – Kibuye
- Day 7: Drive to Nyungwe Forest – Canopy walk
- Day 8: Chimpanzee Trek – Forest walk – waterfalls hike
- Day 9: Return to Kigali and departure
Day 1: Pick-up and transfer to hotel
- Arrival: Upon arrival at Entebbe International airport, you will be met by our company representative/guide who will then transfer your hotel in Kampala for relaxation dinner and overnight stay at Sheraton hotel – Luxury/Fairway Hotel – Mid-range
Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park.
- Transfer to Bwindi: After your delicious breakfast at the hotel, meet your driver to set off for Bwindi Impenetrable national park. The park is located in the south western part of the country, it’s an 8-9 hours’ drive with en-route lunch in Mbarara. On arrival at the park, you will proceed and check in your lodge for relaxation. Dinner and overnight stay at Ichumbi Gorilla lodge for mid-range/Buhoma lodge/Clouds Mountain Gorilla lodge for luxury
Day 3: Gorilla Trekking experience
- Gorilla Trekking: Have breakfast and transfer you to park offices for briefing about Mountain Gorilla trekking by a local guide. The time taken is usually between 2-8 hours depending on the movement of the gorillas. Meeting the gorillas unexpectedly is one of the most captivating lifetime experiences. You will have a chance to observe and take pictures at a very close range. You will observe adults feeding and groaning among themselves. After an hour with the long-awaited gorillas, your guide and rangers will lead you back to the starting point where your driver will readily be waiting to transfer to your lodge for relaxation,
- Community Tour: if interested, you could do an optional community tour. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 4: Transfer to Musanze – visit the Burera and Ruhando lakes
- Lakes Tour: Meet your driver after breakfast and drive to connect to Ruhengeri – home of the Rwanda gorillas for 3-4 hours drive. Connect to Rwanda via the Cyanika border with en-route lunch, visit the renowned lakes of Burera and Ruhando located on the Virunga Mountains, ….
- Boat Cruise: …and take a boat trip on one of the lakes. Retreat from the activity and connect to Gisenyi for more than 2 hours and cross to Goma – DR Congo late afternoon. Dinner and overnight stay at Kibumba tented Camp for mid-range
Day 5: Hike Mt. Nyiragongo Volcano
- Mount Nyiragongo Hike: Wake up early for breakfast at your hotel and set off for Kibati Patrol post, where the Nyiragongo Volcano hike starts from. Hiking formally starts off at 9:00 am, with a briefing about the hike and what to expect. You are advised to pack right for the hike and to hire a porter. Start your hike with your guide and armed guards for your security. Hiking Mount Nyiragongo usually last the entire day, and the pace is determined by the groups’ fitness level. Please note that the group moves in one group and rests at the same time. When you reach the top, you will check into your cabins and in the night, go out to watch the beautiful sight of the boiling lava.
Day 6: Descend down the Volcano – Kibuye
- Transfer to Kibuye: You will have breakfast before you descend back to the starting point of the hike. Later transfer to Gisenyi via Goma where you will have lunch. Proceed to connect to Kibuye where you will check-in your hotel to relax. Depending on your interest and time, you will enjoy a boat cruise along with visiting the local fishing villages and islands. Dinner and overnight stay at Moriah Hill Resort/Cormoran lodge for mid-range/Lake Kivu Serena hotel
Day 7: Drive to Nyungwe Forest – Canopy walk
- Transfer to Nyungwe: After breakfast, you will set off to Nyungwe forest located in the south western part of Rwanda. The park is best known for its habitant of primates species like the chimpanzees and plus owl-faced and colobus monkeys and canopy walk. Have lunch and connect to your hotel to rest or do an activity of your interest as you will be advised by your guide. Dinner and overnight stay at Gisakura Guest house for budget/Nyungwe Top hill hotel for mid-range/Nyungwe Forest Lodge for luxury
Day 8: Chimpanzee Trek – Forest walk – waterfalls hike
- Chimpanzee Trekking: After breakfast, transfer to the park offices for briefing and after entering into the tropical rain forest to search for the shy chimpanzees in the branches of the trees and take unforgettable photos and videos. Lunch and later in the evening experience the canopy walk which offers clear view of plants, primates, birds, butterflies very close. Also, meet your ranger guide to starting your forest walk into the rainforest. On a good day encounter different primates’ species and reach the waterfalls with great views of Lake Kivu, DRC, belts of tea into the forest. After spending time at the falls, return and connect to your hotel to rest. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 9: Return to Kigali and departure
- Return to Kigali & Departure: Take an early morning breakfast then embark on your journey back to Kigali city. Proceed to Kigali with en-route lunch; if time is available to visit the Butare genocide memories and museum. Arrive Kigali city late evening and the driver will drop you off at your hotel as you wait for your departure flight time.
End of 9 Days Uganda Rwanda & Congo Safari