10 Days Kenya and Tanzania Safari
10 days Kenya and Tanzania safari tour is one of the best ways to explore both countries. Both Kenya and Tanzania have a great combination of Africa’s ultimate wildlife viewing location as featured in this 10 days wildlife experience. These include Lake Nakuru national park – home to the flamingos and rhinos in Kenya, Masai Mara national reserve which is the best wildlife destination in Kenya for the big five game and the great wildebeest migration that takes place every year. Safari destinations featured in this 10 days Kenya and Tanzania safari include; Serengeti national park – Africa and East Africa’s best wildlife destination, the park is divided by River Mara from the Masai Mara national reserve in Kenya, the park has plenty of wildlife to view. Other great destinations to view to visit are Ngorongoro conservation area and Ngorongoro crater and finally Lake Manyara national park before you end the experience. With this experience, you will have explored almost all the wildlife destinations in East Africa.
Safari highlights of the 10 Days Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Nakuru national park
- Day 2: Full day Nakuru national park
- Day 3: Transfer to Naivasha national park
- Day 4: Transfer to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 5: Masai Mara safari experience – full day
- Day 6: Transfer from Masai Mara to Serengeti National Park
- Day 7: Full day at the Serengeti National Park
- Day 8: Serengeti Plains – Ngorongoro crater
- Day 9: Transfer to Lake Manyara national park
- Day 10: Transfer to Arusha/Departure
Day 1: Transfer to Nakuru national park
- Depending on your location in Nairobi, you will be met by our company representative/safari guide to transfer to Lake Nakuru national park. Lake Nakuru is best known for its large masses of flamingo birds and home to the famous black and white rhinos. It’s a 5-6 hours’ drive with en-route lunch before connecting to check-in your lodge to refresh. Dinner and overnight stay
- Accommodation and meals: Nakuru Lodge for Luxury, Ziwa Bush lodge for mid-range, and Stem Hotel for budget.
Day 2: Full day Nakuru national park
- Full day Nakuru national park: Wake up early, enjoy breakfast and connect for an early morning game drive to explore more of the park’s beauty. During the game drive spot animals like the lions, leopards, hyenas and different antelope species. Later afternoon drive to Lake Nakuru and enjoy the views of huge numbers of flamingo birds on the lake shores and other bird species. In addition to the bird life of the park, explore the park’s wildlife spotting animals like the black and white rhinos, buffaloes, giraffes, impalas and zebras. Before night fall return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 3: Transfer to Naivasha national park
- Transfer to Naivasha: After breakfast at the lodge, transfer to Naivasha national park with en-route game drive as you drive out of Nakuru. Arrive Naivasha at good time for lunch, check-in, enjoy your lunch then drive out to explore the park. Visit the lake and possibly do a boat ride for birds and animals like the hippos. Later in the evening, do an evening game drive before you return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay
- Accommodation and meals: Lake Naivasha Sopa lodge for luxury option, Eserian Hotel for mid-range option, and Hippo safari lodge for budget option.
Day 4: Transfer to Masai Mara national reserve
- Transfer to Masai Mara: After breakfast, connect for a guided nature walk at the crescent island and also visit the Hell’s gate gorge. Thereafter, embark on your journey to Masai Mara national reserve which is along the floor of the magnificent rift valley for unlimited game drive and land of the Masai people, en-route lunch and Masai community. Proceed to your lodge for check-in. Dinner and overnight stay
- Accommodation and meals: Masai Sopa lodge – Luxury, Mara Simba lodge – Mid-range, and Ol Moran tented camp for budget option
Day 5: Masai Mara safari experience – full day
- Masai Mara safari experience: After breakfast, full day in the park with packed lunch in search of its popular residents, The Masai Mara plains are full of wildebeest during migration season early July to end September, zebra, impala, topi, giraffe, Thomson’s gazelle are regularly seen, leopards, lions, hyenas, cheetah, jackal and bat-eared foxes. Black rhino are a little shy and hard to spot but are often seen at a distance if you are lucky. Hippos are abundant in the Mara River as are very large Nile crocodiles, which lay in wait for a meal as the wildebeest cross on their annual quest to find new pastures. Later Meals and overnight at lodge as above
Day 6: Transfer from Masai Mara to Serengeti National Park
- Transfer from Masai Mara to Serengeti: You will have a very early breakfast and checkout from the lodge to embark on your journey to Serengeti national park in Tanzania. You will have a game drive on your way to Isebania border where you will be crossing from. This day will take you to other side of Masai Mara as you exit the park via Olololo gate in Mara west.
- Upon arrival at the border the customs office will do clearance after which proceed to Serengeti National Park where you will enter the park with the game drive lasting up to 2 hours as you enjoy the plains of Serengeti. The Serengeti allows you see the big five game in plenty. Dinner and overnight at your booked accommodation
- Accommodation and meals: Serengeti Serene lodge for the luxury option, Serengeti Heritage Safari lodge for mid-range, and Osinon camps and lodge for a budget option.
Day 7: Full day at the Serengeti National Park
- Full day at the Serengeti: After your early breakfast, we shall go for a morning game drive along the Sogore River Circuit, which twists into the plains south of the Seronera River, some of the wildlife to look out for in this section include the Lions, Thomson gazelles, topi, ostriches and cheetahs.
- After your game drive, you will proceed to the Visitor Centre which is close to the Serengeti Seronera Lodge and public campsites. The Centre offers some interesting wildlife displays as well as a gift shop selling information leaflets and maps of the area. The shop also as refreshment, and we shall therefore have our lunch from there.
- Later in the afternoon we will drive through the Kopjes Circuit, which goes anti-clockwise around the Maasai Kopjes, this circuit is known for having a number of lions and some very large cobras. Kopjes are weathered granite outcrops, scattered around the plains, most of which are miniature ecosystems, providing shade and drinking water in pools left in the rock after the rains. The Kopjes are good hunting grounds for lions especially in dry seasons when most animals come to drink up. Return for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 8: Serengeti Plains – Ngorongoro crater
- Serengeti Plains: After breakfast at the lodge do we depart to Ngorongoro Conservation area. We will stopover at Olduvai Gorge, boasting with a history dating back to the dawn of time. It was here, that the anthropologists Drs. Lois and Mary Leakey discovered the skulls of ‘Nutcracker Man’ and ‘Handy Man’, both very significant links in the chain of human evolution. We arrive in time for lunch at the crater entrance and after lunch we will descend over 600 meters into the crater to view wildlife for a half day’s safari tour. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro National Park supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park, is it’s dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. We will visit Lake Magadi, a large but shallow alkaline lake in the southwestern corner, which is one of the main features of the crater. A large number of flamingos, hippos and other water birds can usually have been seen here. Dinner and overnight at your confirmed lodge
- Accommodation and meals: Ngorongoro Serena lodge for luxury option, Hhando coffee Lodge for mid-range option, and Rhino lodge for budget option.
Day 9: Transfer to Lake Manyara national park
- Transfer to Lake Manyara: After early morning breakfast, check-out of the lodge and transfer to Lake Manyara national park. It’s a 4 hours’ drive from the Ngorongoro conservation area. Arrive at the park early afternoon and connect to check-in your lodge where you will also have your lunch before you connect for an afternoon game drive and explore other attractions in the park depending on the season. Before nightfall return to your booked lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation and meals: Lake Manyara Sopa lodge for luxury option, Lake Manyara Tortils Camp for mid-range option, and Panaroma Safari lodge for budget option
Day 10: Transfer to Arusha/Departure
- Transfer to Arusha/Departure: You will have breakfast at your lodge before heading out of the park to connect to Arusha or any other place you will be going to. It’s a 2-3 hours’ drive from Lake Manyara national park to Arusha. Your safari guide will drop you off at a location you advise or at the airport for your departure flight back home.
End of 10 Days Kenya and Tanzania Safari