8 Days Amboseli Masai Mara & Naivasha Safari is an amazing Kenya Safari tour where travellers get a to visit the Unique National Parks of Kenya.
Highlights of the 8 Days Amboseli Masai Mara & Naivasha Safari
- Day 1: Arrival and hotel check-in – Nairobi tour (4 people)
- Day 2: Transfer to Amboseli National Park
- Day 3: Full Day Amboseli national park
- Day 4: Transfer to Masai Mara
- Day 5: Full Day in Masai mara
- Day 6: Game Drive/Hot air balloon (Optional) & Naivasha national park
- Day 7: Half-day Naivasha national park – Transfer to Nairobi
Day 1: Arrival and hotel check-in – Nairobi tour (4 people)
- Arrival & Set-in: Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, meet up with our company representative/guide who will help you with your luggage and transfer to your hotel for check-in and lunch. Later afternoon, the 4 already arrived people will connect for a city tour at the Elephant orphanage and giraffe centre. Later evening, another group will be picked up at the airport at 9 pm. Dinner and overnight stay at La Maison Royale Hotel
Day 2: Transfer to Amboseli National Park
- Transfer to Amboseli: You will be met by your guide after breakfast, you will set off your journey to Amboseli national park located in the southern part of Kenya. It’s a 5-6 hours’ drive from Nairobi to the park. Arrive in time for lunch, have your lunch at the lodge after check-in.
- Amboseli Experience: In the afternoon, connect to explore the park. Visit the observation hill that gives you an overall view of the whole park especially the swamp and some animals. In the evening, the clouds are usually vividly giving you chances of viewing the snow-capped dome of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest free-standing mountain in Africa. As your return to the lodge, enjoy an evening game drive. Dinner and overnight stay at Kibo Safari Camp for mid-range
Day 3: Full Day Amboseli national park
- Game Drives: Have breakfast and explore Amboseli national park. This park is a home of the famous for being the best place in Africa to get close to the savannah elephants. Among other wildlife species include; the lions, cheetah, leopards, wildebeests, buffaloes, monkeys families and rare bird species. Spend your morning and afternoon on game drives also visiting the swamp below observation hill that hosts many elephants, hippos and a variety of waterfowls like Pelican and Egyptian goose. Dinner and overnight stay at Lodge as above
Day 4: Transfer to Masai Mara
- Transfer to Masai Mara: After your breakfast, embark on your journey to Masai mara at your agreed time with your Kenya safari guide. It’s a full day drive from Amboseli national park & takes about 9 hours on the road. The first part of the journey is a smooth tarmac road that leads you up to Narok. A short drive from the Narok town and get a chance to visit the Masai market and a rough road welcomes you to enter Masai Mara national park. Connect to your lodge for relaxation for the evening. Dinner and overnight at Mara Eden Safari Camp/Mara Leisure camp
Day 5: Full Day in Masai mara
- Full day Game Drives: Early morning breakfast and connect to explore the Masai Mara plains for a game drive that will get you quite close to different wildlife species in big numbers. From solitary buffaloes to copulating lions, birds and small game of all types; you will see it all on a game drive in Masai Mara! Be keen enough as you observe the popularly known wildebeest migration from Serengeti crossing to Masai mara via Mara River. This Wildebeest migration only takes place from July to October. Animals such as the wildebeest, zebras, lions, cheetah, elephants, hyenas, Thompson’s gazelle to mention but a few can be spotted. Spend the whole day on a game drive with your packed lunch.
- Evening Game Drive: Later return to your lodge for lunch and relax from the scorching sun. In the evening, go for another game drive. Dinner and overnight at lodge as above.
Day 6: Game Drive/Hot air balloon (Optional) & Naivasha national park
- Game Drive/Hot air balloon: Wake up to an early breakfast and head out for another game drive to catch up with the early risers and boost your chances of seeing more and getting closer. Alternatively, you can go for a hot air balloon safari for an aerial view of the park.
- Transfer to Naivasha National Park: Exit the park later afternoon to connect to Naivasha national park. It’s about 4-5 hours’ drive with en-route scenery. Dinner and overnight stay at Kiboko Luxury Camp
Day 7: Half-day Naivasha national park – Transfer to Nairobi
- Wrap up: Breakfast at the lodge then visits Crescent Island Game Sanctuary – a peninsula or island on the eastern side of Lake Naivasha.
- Boat Cruise: A short boat trip from the mainland out into Lake Naivasha gives you access to the unique Crescent Island Wildlife Sanctuary which hosts giraffes, waterbucks, elands, wildebeests, zebras and impalas. It is also a haven for more than 200 species of birds. The lake has a lot of hippos which you can easily spot from the island. Among the resident birds are fish eagles, ospreys, lily-trotters, black crakes and a variety of herons.
- Departure: Thereafter drive back to Nairobi, it’s a 4-5 hours’ drive. Dinner and overnight stay at La Maison Royale Hotel
Day 8: Drop off to the airport
- Drop Off: Wake up quite early, meet the driver and be dropped at Jomo Kenyatta airport for your flight.
End of the 8 Days Amboseli Masai Mara & Naivasha Safari
See also 15 Days Kenya Safari