8 days Best of Kenya and Tanzania safari
8 Days Best of Kenya and Tanzania safari feature Lake Nakuru national park – home to the flamingos and rhinos, Masai Mara national reserve which is the best wildlife destination in Kenya for the big five game and the great wildebeest migration that takes place every year, Serengeti national park – Africa and East Africa’s best wildlife destination, the park is divided by River Mara from the Masai Mara national reserve in Kenya and has plenty of wildlife to view. This safari also features Ngorongoro conservation area where we find the great Ngorongoro crater which is about 600 meters deep with all kinds of animals. Ngorongoro crater has a large but shallow alkaline lake called Lake Magadi with a large number of flamingo birds, hippos and other water birds. Lake Manyara national park will be your final destination for more experience of wildlife. With this experience, you will have explored almost all the savannah wildlife in East Africa.
Safari highlights of the 8 Days Best of Kenya and Tanzania safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Lake Nakuru national park – evening game drive
- Day 2: Game drive and transfer to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 3: Full day in Masai Mara
- Day 4: Transfer to Serengeti national park
- Day 5: Full day in Serengeti national park
- Day 6: Transfer to Ngorongoro crater
- Day 7: Transfer to Lake Manyara national park
- Day 8: Transfer to Arusha
Day 1: Transfer to Lake Nakuru national park – evening game drive
- Transfer to Lake Nakuru: Depending on your location in Nairobi, you will be met by our company representative/safari guide to transfer to Lake Nakuru national park. Lake Nakuru national park is best known for its large masses of flamingo birds. It’s a 5-6 hours’ drive with en-route lunch. On arrival at the park, connect for a game drive to find some of the animals that will be available. Later connect to your lodge to refresh, relax, and have dinner and overnight stay
- Accommodation and meals (Half board): Luxury option – Nakuru Lodge, Mid-range option – Ziwa Bush lodge, and Budget option – Stem Hotel
Day 2: Game drive and transfer to Masai Mara national reserve
- Game drive and transfer to Masai Mara: After breakfast, check-out of the lodge and embark on a morning game drive before you proceed your journey to Masai Mara national reserve which is along the floor of the magnificent rift valley for unlimited game drive and land of the Masai people, en-route lunch and Masai community market where you will can buy masai products like jewellery, clothing and other products. Enter the park and connect to check-in your lodge for dinner and overnight stay
- Accommodation and meals (Full board): Masai Sopa lodge – Luxury, Mara Simba lodge – Mid-range, and Ol Moran tented camp for budget option
Day 3: Full day in Masai Mara
- Full day in Masai Mara: After breakfast, connect for your morning game drive in the Masai plains with your packed lunch in search of its popular Masai Mara residents, The Masai Mara plains are full of wildebeest during migration season early July to end September, zebra, impala, topi, giraffe, Thomson’s gazelle are regularly seen, leopards, lions, hyenas, cheetah, jackal and bat-eared foxes. Black rhino are a little shy and hard to spot but are often seen at a distance if you are lucky. Hippos are abundant in the Mara River as are very large Nile crocodiles, which lay in wait for a meal as the wildebeest cross on their annual quest to find new pastures. Later Meals and overnight at lodge as above
Day 4: Transfer to Serengeti national park
- Transfer to Serengeti national park: After breakfast, then check-out and embark on your journey to Serengeti national park in Tanzania with your packed lunch. You will have a game drive on your way to Isebania border where you will be crossing to Tanzania. Cross via Olololo gate in Mara west. Upon crossing the border and finalising with the customs office with clearance, proceed to enter Serengeti national park and continue to your accommodation with en-route game drive as you enjoy the plains of Serengeti. Serengeti national park is a home of the big five game and other wildlife and it is best known for its wildebeest migration that happens every year. Dinner and overnight at your booked accommodation
- Accommodation and meals (Half board), Luxury option – Serengeti Serene, Mid-range option – Serengeti Heritage Safari lodge, and Budget option – Osinon camps and lodge
Day 5: Full day in Serengeti national park
- Full day in Serengeti national park: After your breakfast, you will go in the Serengeti plains for a morning game drive you’re your packed lunch. Some of the wildlife to look out for include; the Lions, Thomson gazelles, topi, ostriches, cheetahs elephants, leopards, hyenas, rhinos to mention but a few. After your full day game drive, you will proceed to the Visitor Centre which is close to the Serengeti Seronera Lodge and public campsites. The Centre offers some interesting wildlife displays as well as a gift shop selling information leaflets and maps of the area. Later in the evening, connect back to your lodge. Return for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above.
Day 6: Transfer to Ngorongoro crater
- Transfer to Ngorongoro crater: After breakfast, check-out and connect to Ngorongoro Conservation area with ne-route game drive for any of the missed animals. Connect to check-in your lodge in Ngorongoro, have lunch then drive to Ngorongoro Crater and descend to over 600 meters into the crater to view wildlife for a half day’s safari tour. The crater is supported by a year-round water supply and fodder, hence it has a variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, Zebra, Buffalo, Eland, Warthog, Hippo, and Giant African Elephants. Others include; lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard. Before nightfall, drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight at your accommodation.
- Accommodation and meals (Full board), Luxury option – Ngorongoro Serena lodge, Mid-range option – Hhando coffee Lodge, and Budget option – Rhino lodge
Day 7: Transfer to Lake Manyara national park
- Transfer to Lake Manyara national park: After early morning breakfast, check-out of the lodge and transfer to Lake Manyara national park. It’s a 4 hours’ drive from Ngorongoro. Arrive at the park early afternoon and connect to check-in your lodge where you will also have your lunch before you connect for an afternoon game drive and explore other attractions in the park depending on the season. Before nightfall return to your booked lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation and meals: Luxury option – Lake Manyara Sopa lodge, Mid-range option – Lake Manyara Tortils Camp, and Budget option – Panaroma Safari lodge
Day 8: Transfer to Arusha
- Transfer to Arusha: You will have breakfast at your lodge before heading out of the park to connect to Arusha or any other place you will be going to. It’s a 2-3 hours’ drive from Lake Manyara national park to Arusha. Your safari guide will drop you off at a location you advise or at the airport for your departure flight back home.
End of the 8 Days Best of Kenya and Tanzania safari