13 Days Luxury Uganda Safari
13 Days Luxury Uganda Safari is one of the top luxury Uganda Safari Tours as a traveler gets a chance to enjoy unique experiences in a luxurious manner. You will visit the topmost premium national parks in Uganda.
Highlights of the 13 Days Luxury Uganda Safari
- Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe airport – Hotel
- Day 2: Fly to Kidepo national park – evening game drive
- Day 3: Full day game drive with breakfast in the bush
- Day 4: Fly to Murchison Falls national park
- Day 5: Game drive and launch cruise
- Day 6: Ziwa Rhino trekking – Kampala city
- Day 7: Transfer to Kibale national park – Bigodi wetland visit
- Day 8: Chimpanzee trekking
- Day 9: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park – Kazinga channel boat cruise
- Day 10: Ishasha game drive – Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 11: Gorilla trek in Bwindi forest Park
- Day 12: Second gorilla trekking – Community tour
- Day 13: Fly to Entebbe airport
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe airport – Hotel
- Arrival: Following your arrival at Entebbe International Airport, our company representative/safari guide will meet to welcome you and transfer you to your hotel in Entebbe where you will spend a night. Dinner and overnight stay at Protea Entebbe Hotel
Day 2: Fly to Kidepo national park – evening game drive
- Fly to Kidepo: Wake up, enjoy your breakfast and be transferred to Entebbe airport for your flight to Kidepo national park with Aero-link Uganda limited. They operate scheduled flights from Entebbe to Kidepo national park only 3 times a week on only Wednesday, Friday and Sunday departing from Entebbe 12:30 pm and arriving in Apoka airstrip at 14:45, please ensure you you’re your international flight with consideration of this domestic flight. Also noting that this is a scheduled connecting flight for the northern route, so it flies from Entebbe, Murchison Falls then Kidepo National Park.
- Check-in: When you land at Apoka airstrip, meet your guide to connect to your accommodation. Check-in your lodge and relax for the evening.
- Evening Game Drive: Later on in the evening, go for a game drive in magical Narus valley. Expect to see a good number of animals including; the herds of Cape Buffaloes, African elephants, Jackson’s Hartebeest, Klipspringer, Jackals and possibly Lions among others before heading back to the lodge for dinner and overnight. Accommodation: Apoka Safari Lodge for luxury
Day 3: Full day game drive with breakfast in the bush
- Morning Game Drive: Wake up and prepare for your game drive in Kidepo national park. You will drive out of the lodge and connect for a thrilling game drive in the vast savannah in the valley with a stunning view of the sun over the rising scenic hills of Lomej, and the Lotukei Mountains to the north close to Sudan border and the Morungole rangers. Expect to see herds of buffalos, zebras, elephants, giraffes, hyenas, lions and cheetahs if you are lucky. The drive is usually slow and you can be sure to seize picture moments while on your game drive and you can have stops at any moment you please.
- Afternoon Game Drive: Have lunch at the lodge and do another game drive in Kidepo valley to visit the hot springs and also encounter the endangered ostriches as they are only found in this area. Return to the lodge and spend the evening at leisure admiring the wilderness. Dinner and overnight at Apoka lodge as above
Day 4: Fly to Murchison Falls national park
- Fly to Murchison Fall National Park: Enjoy breakfast, depending on the flight schedule to Murchison falls national park, you will be transferred to Apoka airstrip for your flight to Murchison falls national park.
- Drive to the top of the Falls: Upon arrival at Bugungu airstrip, meet your guide and connect to your lodge for lunch before you drive to the top of the Murchison falls. These are the most powerful waterfalls in the world where the River Nile flows through a narrow gorge of about 7 meters. The rainbow is sometimes seen at the falls, there is waterfall called the Uhuru falls which formed during the time of Uganda’s independence due to diversion of the water. You will view the falls at different angle points. Later you will meet your guide and drive to your lodge. Relax and unwind at lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at Bakers lodge
Day 5: Game drive and launch cruise
- Morning Game Drive: After an early breakfast at the lodge, you will go for a morning game drive. The activity takes about 3-5 hours depending on animals available, and you will find animals including elephants, Rothschild giraffes, buffaloes, lions, Hartebeest, Uganda Kobs, Oribis and waterbucks.
- Boat Cruise: After the drive, you will return to the lodge for lunch. Later afternoon at 2 pm, go for a launch cruise on the along the Nile which will give you an exciting panoramic view at the bottom of the mighty Murchison falls. Along the cruise, you will encounter crocodiles, hippos, and birds on the river banks like kingfisher, cormorants, and bee-eater. You will spend take viewing the falls at the bottom while taking pictures then later return to meet your driver and connect back to your lodge and a relaxed evening. After viewing the bottom of the falls, sail back to meet your driver who will transfer you back to your lodge with en-route game drive. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 6: Ziwa Rhino trekking – Kampala city
- Rhino Trekking: Early morning after breakfast, check-out of the lodge drive out of the park via Kichwabanyobo gate and connect to Nakasongola district where you find the Ziwa rhino sanctuary. It’s 3-4 hours from the park. On arrival at the sanctuary, meet the rangers for briefing before you connect for trekking. It takes about 2-3 hours to encounter rhinos.
- Transfer to Kampala: Have lunch before you embark on a 3 hours’ drive to Kampala city. On arrival in Kampala, proceed to your hotel, check-in and relax for the evening. Dinner will be served before you go to bed. Overnight at Sheraton Kampala Hotel
Day 7: Transfer to Kibale national park – Bigodi wetland visit
- Transfer to Kibale National Park: After breakfast at your hotel, meet your safari guide and embark on your journey to Kibale national park. It’s about 5-6 hours driving with stopovers to stretch. Arrive in Fort Portal town for lunch at your lodge.
- Bigodi Walk: Later afternoon connect to Bigodi wetland for a nature walk and look out for the water-loving birds and some primates. Return to your lodge to relax and enjoy the views of the landscape. Dinner and overnight stay at Kyaninga lodge
Day 8: Chimpanzee trekking
- Chimpanzee Trekking: After breakfast, you will drive out to connect to Kibale forest national park for your chimpanzee trekking experience. Report to the park head office for a briefing about the chimpanzees before you enter the forest for your search. The search may take 2-5 hours depending on their movements thus, you are advised to come with your trekking gears given the nature of the landscape and weather including water and snacks. During trekking, expect to see a lot of primate species like monkeys and other animals like the forest elephants, bush pig, and duiker, warthogs, reptiles, and amphibians as well as a colorful variety of butterflies but most importantly the chimpanzees. On finding the chimpanzees, you will spend an hour in their presence before you return to the starting point to meet your driver-guide, explore the crater lakes within Kibale national park then return to your lodge for lunch and relaxation. Dinner and overnight stay at Kyaninga lodge as above
Day 9: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park – Kazinga channel boat cruise
- Transfer to Queen: After enjoying your breakfast in the morning, check-out of the lodge and embark on your journey to Queen Elizabeth national park, the second largest national park in Uganda after Murchison falls national park and is home to the famous tree-climbing lions.
- Boat Cruise: Have en-route lunch then drive to connect to the starting point of the boat cruise, sailing along the Kazinga Channel and into Lake Edward. This cruise will let you pass through a place of the highest concentration of hippos and you may also see many animals drinking at the water’s edge. The cruise also offers good platform for photography, bird watching and game viewing. Connect to the Ishasha sector to your accommodation to windup the day. Dinner and overnight stay at Ishasha Wilderness Camp
Day 10: Ishasha game drive – Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Ishasha Game Drive: After breakfast, meet your guide and set out for the game drive in the Ishasha area and expect to see the rare tree-climbing lions and leopards on fig trees however this is not guaranteed as seeing them depends on the time and luck. You will have lunch and thereafter you will proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park. It’s a 4-5 hours’ drive to the Buhoma sector of Bwindi. Dinner and overnight stay at Gorilla Forest Camp / Buhoma Lodge/Mahogany Springs Lodge/Trackers lodge
Day 11: Gorilla trek in Bwindi forest Park
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: Early in the morning after breakfast, set out of the lodge and connect to the park head office for briefing before you start the Gorilla trekking experience. With your packed lunch, and trekking gears, enter the forest with your ranger guides and embark on the search, this takes about 2-8 hours depending on the location of the gorillas. You will move up and down the rugged terrain until you finally meet these harmonious creatures that will entertain you with performances. This is a once lifetime experience and unforgettable adventure especially upon encounter with the gorillas. A maximum of 1 hour is allocated to spend with the gorillas. Return to the lodge with memories of the gorillas. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 12: Second gorilla trekking – Community tour
- Gorilla Trekking: After breakfast, return to the park head office for yet another briefing, the procedure for the second gorilla experience is the same however, this time you will trek a different gorilla family. On finding them, spend an hour viewing them while taking pictures and videos.
- Community Tour: The later afternoon after trekking, you will visit a community around the Bwindi forest before. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 13: Fly to Entebbe airport
- Flight to Entebbe: After breakfast, be transferred to Kihihi airstrip for your 2 hours flight back to Entebbe. Flights from Kihihi airstrip are scheduled twice a day from 9:45 to 11:25 and 14:05 to 15:55. You will fly depending on your international departure flight.
End of the 13 Days Super Luxury Uganda Safari
See also 10 Days Uganda Luxury Special