2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari is a short safari to Volcanoes national park in Rwanda where a traveler will enjoy mountain gorillas in Rwanda. On your 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari, you will be able to explore Kigali city which is Rwanda’s capital city during your city tour and Volcanoes national park which is one of the four national parks with the endangered mountain gorillas. Volcanoes national park is located in the Musanze village northwestern part of Rwanda and it’s the most visited gorilla destination which will offer breathtaking and the best gorilla trekking experience on your Rwanda Safari tour.
Highlights of the 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali International Airport
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali International Airport
- Arrival & Kigali City Tour: On arrival at Kigali International Airport, our company driver will pick you up, give you a briefing on your 2 Rwanda days gorilla trekking safari and then transfer to Kigali the cleanest city in Africa for a city tour. On your city tour, you will be able to visit the genocide memorial site where you will learn more about the blood shading of the 1994 Rwanda genocide. You will also visit the art and craft markets where they make paintings, sculptures, visit Kimironko local market which is filled with local people selling different items such as souvenirs, market vendors selling fruits, vegetables, handmade crafts like mats, baskets among others.
- Transfer to Volcanoes National Park: After the Kimironko market tour, you will go for a buffet in one of the hotels in Kigali and then transfer to Volcanoes national park which is located in the northwestern part of Rwanda. On your way to the park, you will have great scenic views of the villages, trading centers, hills in Rwanda among others and the journey takes about 2-hour drive. On arrival, you will check-in at your lodge have an evening relaxation at the lodge dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: On your second day you will wake up have an early breakfast at the lodge and with your packed lunch and drinking water you will meet up with your driver-guide who will take you to Kinigi park headquarters for a briefing about the expectations and the dos and don’ts of gorilla trekking. After the briefing you will be grouped into 8 people and allocated a gorilla family and a park guide, you will later start trekking which takes about 2 to 8 hours depending on the location of the gorilla group because gorillas like to move from one place to another in search of food. Once the gorilla family has been found you will spend one hour with the gorillas in their natural habitat as you learn more about their behaviors, habits, watching them as they feed, breastfeed, taking photos with flashless camera among others which gives you extraordinary experiences on your safari.
- Return to Kigali: After trekking, you will meet your driver-guide and transfer to Kigali where he will drop you at the airport for your flight or at any place of convenience.
End your 2 days Rwanda gorilla trekking safari.
- An English speaking driver-guide
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Kigali city tour
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
Gorilla trekking tips for your safari Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes national park is a tropical rain forest which means that it can rain anytime in the forest regardless of the season, therefore, you need to packs some essential items for your tour such as
- Hiking shoes
- Garden gloves
- Long sleeved shirt and trouser
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Warm sweaters
- Cotton long stockings
- Waterproof backpack to carry your equipment’s
- Drinking water and packed lunch from the lodge
- Walking stick
- Hiring a Porter who will help you carry your equipment and gives you a pull or a push in steep and slippery areas.
end of 2 Days Rwanda gorilla trekking safari
See also 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking