14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari
14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari is an amazing East Africa Safari tour that takes you to 3 of the most endowed countries with a variety of wildlife.
Highlights of the 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara
- Day 2: Transfer to Serengeti National Park
- Day 3: Full day Serengeti
- Day 4: Transfer to Ngorongoro Crater Area
- Day 5: Transfer to Tarangire National Park
- Day 6: Transfer to Arusha and flight to Rwanda
- Day 7: Kigali City Tour & Transfer to Akagera national park
- Day 8: Full Day Akagera National Park
- Day 9: Transfer to Bunyonyi
- Day 10: Lake Bunyonyi Experience
- Day 11: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 12: Game drive and boat cruise
- Day 13: Transfer to Mburo and boat cruise
- Day 14: Game drive and transfer to Kampala
Details of the safari
Day 1: Transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara
- Transfer to Lake Manyara: On the 1st day of this 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari, you will be met by our driver guide who will brief you of how the next 2 weeks will go and what is expected. From there you will be driven from Arusha town to Lake Manyara. Lake Manyara National Park is a shallow soda lake known for having a large population of Flamingos that colorfully make the lake seem to look Pink.
- Game Drive: On arrival at the park, you will head on straight for a game drive in Lake Manyara National Park, where you will enjoy seeing different a wide variety of wildlife species such as elephants, zebras, buffalos, waterbucks, hartebeests, antelopes, hyenas, and many other species. You will also enjoy viewing the flamingos at the Lakes. Later after the game drive, you will proceed to your lodge for dinner and an Overnight stay at Eileen’s tree inn.
Day 2: Transfer to Serengeti National Park
- Transfer to Serengeti: Wake up early morning on day 2, and have breakfast before you embark on another Game Drive in Lake Manyara National Park. You will enjoy sights of more wildlife including the tree-climbing lions as well as other wildlife species such as wildebeest, waterbucks, hartebeest, zebras, antelopes, leopards, elephants, buffalos, hyenas, giraffes, jackals, and many others. You will enjoy your lunch as you continue the game drive.
- Transfer to Serengeti: After lunch, you will continue and proceed to Serengeti National Park where you will have dinner and sleep at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Camp.
Day 3: Full day Serengeti
- Full-Day Serengeti Experience: Wake up early and have breakfast ready to spend the whole day in this amazing Tanzania National Park. Our guides will help you find the best spots where you can view amazing wildlife in plenty, for example, you will spend time at the hippo pool watching the hippos gaze around crocodiles. You will also see big prides of lions, wildebeest migration including wildebeests and Zebras and other amazing wildlife species. On your game drive in Serengeti National Park, you will enjoy the Serengeti Plains and the Kopjes (these are natural structures that happened as a result of volcanic eruptions and formed as rocks and now act as a shelter for a wide variety of animals). The park holds the Big 5 mammals and you will be able to see each of these and the amazing cheetahs. By the end of the Full day game drive in Serengeti, you will have had an ultimate Wildlife experience. Later after the Game Drive in Serengeti National Park, you will head to the Serengeti Heritage Luxury Camp for dinner and a goodnight’s rest.
Day 4: Transfer to Ngorongoro Crater Area
- Transfer to Ngorongoro: After early morning breakfast, you will meet up your driver Guide who will transfer you to Ngorongoro Conservation Area for another Wildlife Experience. On arrival at the park, you will head for lunch at the lodge.
- Ngorongoro Experience: After lunch, you will head down into the Crater Area. This is a 600 meters descent from the top. Ngorongoro crater is the world’s largest caldera that formed as a result of a volcanic mountain the collapsed into itself to form this amazing structure. Ngorongoro Crater Area is the only place in the world where animals live in harmony with human beings i.e. the Maasai Herdsmen. In this conservation area, you will be able to view amazing wildlife species like herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, giant African elephants, lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs, and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. All the Big 5 animals can be seen in this area. You will also see amazing birdlife, especially at Lake Magadi. After the game drive, you will head for dinner and a goodnight’s rest at Hhando coffee lodge.
Day 5: Transfer to Tarangire National Park
- Day 5: Transfer to Tarangire: Wake up early, have breakfast and have an enroute game drive as you proceed to Tarangire National Park. You will see amazing wildlife species like the tree-climbing lions, leopards, cheetahs, rhinos, giraffes, zebras, hartebeest, wildebeest, elands, impalas and many bird species. You will also enjoy beautiful views of the baobab and acacia trees where the wildlife species take shelter. After the game viewing experience in Tarangire National Park, you will proceed to Tulia boutique hotel and spa where you will have dinner a goodnight’s rest.
Day 6: Transfer to Arusha and flight to Rwanda
- Transfer to Arusha: Wake up early morning and have breakfast before you embark on your journey to Arusha where you will board a flight to Rwanda’s Kigali International Airport. When you arrive in Kigali, you will be met by our guide who will brief you about the Rwanda Safari Experience for the next few days. After being briefed, you will transfer to your hotel where you will have dinner and overnight at Des mille collines hotel.
Day 7: Kigali City Tour & Transfer to Akagera national park
- Kigali City Tour: Wake up early and have breakfast and later head out with our guide to have a Kigali city tour where you will visit amazing places like the Kigali Genocide Memorial grounds, Kimironko market and other interesting places with in the city like the Business Center.
- Transfer to Akagera: After the Kigali City tour, embark on a journey to Akagera National Park. On arrival at the park, you will head straight to the hotel where you will spend the night and have dinner i.e. Akagera Game Lodge.
Day 8: Full Day Akagera National Park
- Game Drive: Wake up early morning, have breakfast and head to the park with the guide and rangers to engage in the Game drive where you will see a number of wildlife species including giraffes, zebras, topis, antelopes, impalas, and the big 5 mammals which include the Rhinos, Elephants, Leopards, Buffalos and the Lions. After the Game Drive, you will go back to the lodge for lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will go for a boat cruise at Lake Ihema which is also located in Akagera National Park. You will see a number of bird species, crocodiles, hippos, elephants, and other species with in the waters and most at the banks. After the boat cruise, go back to the lodge for Dinner and overnight at Akagera Game Lodge.
Day 9: Transfer to Bunyonyi
- Transfer to Bunyonyi: After breakfast, you will meet up your driver guide who will take you to the Katuna Border as you cross into Uganda. You will make a stopover in Kabale where you will have lunch. After lunch proceeds to Lake Bunyonyi where you will check into your hotel i.e. Arcadia cottages Bunyonyi for dinner and a goodnight’s rest.
Day 10: Lake Bunyonyi Experience
- Lake Bunyonyi Experience: After breakfast, go for a morning boat cruise on Lake Bunyonyi as you enjoy the beautiful scenery such as beautiful terraces, islands like the punishment island where unmarried pregnant girls were left on this island as punishment according to ancient cultural myths. You will also enjoy relaxing along the shores and other activities such as swimming. You can swim in this lake since it does not have bilharzia and it has no crocodiles. This makes the lake safe for tourists and the local communities to swim in. After swimming, you will have lunch at the lodge.
- Community Tour: After lunch, you will head out for a community tour/Community Walk where you will interact will different people including the Batwa People who are ancient hunters and gatherers. You will learn their ways of cooking, making fire, hunting, and amazing cultural stories, dances, and music. After the Batwa Experience, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Arcadia cottages.
Day 11: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to Queen: Wake up have breakfast and check out of the hotel. Drive to Queen Elizabeth National park whereby you will use the Ishasha Sector route where you will be able to see the Tree Climbing Lions. Note that, Queen Elizabeth National Park is the 2nd most visited national park in Uganda and is the 2nd largest national park. You will have enroute lunch and you proceed to the lodge at Park view safari lodge.
Day 12: Game drive and boat cruise
- Game drive: Wake Up early morning and have breakfast before you engage in the morning Game Drive. You will be able to view a large number of wildlife species that include giraffes, lions, and tree-climbing lions, buffaloes, and many other animals. You will also be able to view a number of bird species.
- Boat Cruise: After the game drive, you will go to the lodge for lunch as you prepare for the boat cruise at 2 pm. You will be driven to the point where you will start your relaxing boat cruise along the Kazinga channel. During the boat cruise, you will see different bird species along the water shores such as cormorants, kingfisher, saddle bills, yellow billed storks, hammerkops, herons, martial eagles, African skimmer, white malachite and many other species. You will enjoy the sunset in the wild as you watch the hippos swimming in the water and Nile crocodiles lying by the shores as well as buffaloes, elephants, antelopes, waterbucks, leopards, warthogs, forest hogs, reedbucks, duikers grazing in the nearby plains. After the boat cruise, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Park view safari lodge.
Day 13: Transfer to Mburo and boat cruise
- Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park: Wake up early have breakfast and check out of th hotel. Later engage in a drive to Lake Mburo National Park with your driver-guide. Stopover in Mbarara for lunch and later proceed to the park.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch continues to the lake and take a boat cruise as you enjoy the different wildlife species around the park like hippos, antelopes and Nile crocodile along the shores and bird species such as kingfishers, herons, pelicans. After the boat ride, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Arcadia Mburo lodge.
Day 14: Game drive and transfer to Kampala
- Game Drive: Wake up early and have breakfast before you embark on a game drive. Have a morning game drive in the park as you head out of the park. During the game drive, you will watch the different wildlife species such as elands, buffaloes, zebras, antelopes, topis and a variety of bird species.
- Drop Off: After the game drive, you will drive to Kampala and continue to Entebbe International Airport where you will catch the flight back home.
End of the 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari
- Park entrance fees
- Boat cruise fees
- Vehicle entrance fees
- all accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full-time English speaking driver/ guide
- bottled mineral water while on safari
- all meals at the lodge-breakfast-lunch-dinner
- Flight from Arusha to Rwanda
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary
See also: 18 Days Best of Uganda and Rwanda Safari