10 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Jinja tour
10 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Jinja tour is one of the highlight Uganda Safari Tours that a traveler can engage in when on primates tours.
Highlights of the 10 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Jinja tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Jinja
- Day 2: White water rafting – Kampala
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi home of Uganda Gorillas
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking Uganda – Bwindi
- Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park – boat cruise
- Day 6: Transfer to Kasese
- Day 7: Nyakalengija – Nyabitaba
- Day 8: Nyabitaba – John matte
- Day 9: John matte – Nyakalengija
- Day 10: Drive to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Jinja
- Transfer to Jinja: Depending on your location in Kampala City, meet your guide and transfer to Jinja. Jinja town is 2-3 hours’ drive from Kampala depending on the traffic. En-route visit Sezibwa falls which are located on Sezibwa River which flows from the wetland between Lake Victoria and Lake Kyoga. The falls are affiliated with Buganda traditions and culture, spend about half an hour on rocking climbing and take a nature walk then drive past Mabira forest and several places with views of the landscape, vegetation and plantations.
- Jinja Experience: Arrive in Jinja with great views of Lake Victoria and the newly constructed bridge. Have lunch in Jinja town. Depending on your interest, there are several activities you can do including horseback riding, quaking, mountain biking to mention a few, these are optional activities. Accommodation and dinner: 2 Friends Guesthouse
Day 2: White water rafting – Kampala
- Water Rafting: Enjoy morning breakfast; drive to the starting point of your rafting experience after receiving a briefing from the experts. This is a full day activity. Return for late lunch and embark on your journey back to Kampala. Dinner and overnight stay at Forest Cottages
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi home of Uganda Gorillas
- Transfer to Bwindi: After breakfast at the hotel, embark on your journey to Bwindi Impenetrable national park located in the western part of Uganda with approximately 540km from Kampala by road. You may stop at the equator for photography and then in Mbarara town for lunch. Proceed to Bwindi impenetrable national park arriving in the evening. Dinner and overnight stay at Bakiga lodge/Buhoma Haven lodge
Day 4: Gorilla trekking Uganda – Bwindi
- Gorilla Trekking: Enjoy early morning breakfast and transfer to the park headquarters with your packed lunch for briefing by the ranger guides and later head into the forest for your trek. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi takes 2 to 8 hours depending on the movement of the gorillas. These primates roam the park freely and there is no way of telling where they will be for a particular day. On finding them, you will be allowed 1 hour to view and take photos of these gentle primates, enjoy your lunch packs and meet your driver / guide and transfer back to your lodge. The time after trekking can be spent on a village tour or lazing off at the hotel as you savor the memories of your gorilla trek in Bwindi and prepare for the next day. Dinner and overnight at lodge as above
Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park – Boat Cruise
- Transfer to Queen: After breakfast, meet your safari guide and embark on your journey to Queen Elizabeth national park. It usually 4-5 hours’ drive from Buhoma or Ruhija sector and 6-7 hours’ drive from Nkuringo, Rushaga or Mgahinga sectors.
- Boat Cruise: You will have en-route lunch in Queen Elizabeth national park then connect for the afternoon boat cruise along the Kazinga channel. You will be able to spot various animals including the elephants, buffaloes and other land animals found in the park, you will also encounter the water animals like the hippos and crocodiles. Thereafter, connect to your lodge where you will unwind, have dinner and overnight stay at Kyambura Gorge lodge/Parkview Safari lodge/Pumba Safari lodge
Day 6: Transfer to Kasese
- Transfer to Kasese: The guide will pick you from your hotel in Entebbe/airport and then transfer to Kasese. The journey is about 7 hours with a stopover for lunch. You will check in a Kibale forest lodge where you will have dinner and spend at Hotel Margarita
Day 7: Hiking Mount Rwenzori – Nyakalengija – Nyabitaba
- Hiking Mount Rwenzori: After breakfast at the lodge, you will walk to the starting point of the hike where you will find your guide and porters. You will start your hike from Nyakalengija through the bamboo, high elephant grass, dense bushes, climbing rocks and crossing river Mahoma. Along this route, you will be able to spot white colobus monkeys, blue monkeys, three-horned chameleon and various bird species like the Rwenzori Turaco. The journey will take you about 4-5 hours and then finally reach Nyabitaba hut, where you will have your dinner and spend the night.
Day 8: Nyabitaba – John matte
- Hiking Mount Rwenzori: You will have dinner and then proceed with the hike. Through the forest to the Kurt Shafer Bridge, which is the conference of the Bujuku and Mubuku rivers. Then proceed through the bamboo forest, slippery moss-covered rocks for a couple of hours. The top of Nyamulegeya rock will give you a view of Mount Stanley and Mount Speke. You will then reach john matte hut. At this hut, you will have a clear view of Mt. Stanley and the Margherita glacier if the weather is clear. You will have dinner and spend the night at this hut.
Day 9: John matte – Nyakalengija
- Hiking Mount Rwenzori: After your breakfast, you will hike a little more to see the giant lobelias before descending back to Nyakalengija.
- Descend to Hotel Margarita: You will then return to Hotel Margarita where you will have dinner and spend the night.
Day 10: Drive to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: You will have breakfast at the lodge and then check out. Your driver will then drive you back to Kampala. You will stopover in Mubende for lunch and then proceed. The driver will drop you at your hotel in Kampala/Entebbe or the airport for your flight back home.
End 10 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Jinja tour
See also: 14 Days Western Uganda Circuit