3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari is a short Rwanda Safari tour to the land of 1000 hills whereby the traveler gets to trek gorillas in Volcanoes National Park. On your 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari you will be able to explore Kigali city which is Rwanda’s capital city during your city tour, visit the twin lakes and have gorilla trekking experience in Volcanoes national park which is one of the four national parks in Africa harboring the endangered mountain gorillas. Volcanoes National park is located in the Musanze village northwestern part of Rwanda and it’s the most visited gorilla destination which will offer breathtaking and the best gorilla trekking experience on your safari in Rwanda.
Activities involve include: Kigali city tour, Gorilla trekking, and Canoeing on the twin lakes.
Highlights of the 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3 Kigali city tour and departure
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Transfer to Volcanoes: On arrival at Kigali International Airport, our company driver will pick you up, give you a short briefing on your 3 days gorilla trekking safari and then transfer to Volcanoes national park. On your way to the park, you will have great scenic views of the villages, trading centers, hills in Rwanda among others and the journey takes about a 2-hour drive. On arrival, you will check in at your lodge have lunch and then relax as you prepare for your evening boat cruise at the twin lakes.
- Canoeing: In the evening you will go for canoeing on the twin lakes namely Lake Burera and Lake Ruhondo where you will have great views of the landscapes, wetland, hills, different bird species among others. After canoeing, you will go back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: On your second day you will wake up have an early breakfast at the lodge and with your packed lunch and drinking water you will meet up with your driver guide who will take you to Kinigi park headquarters for a briefing about the expectations and the dos and don’ts of gorilla trekking. After the briefing you will be grouped into 8 people and allocated a gorilla family and a park guide, you will later start trekking which takes about 2 to 8 hours depending on the location of the gorilla group because gorillas like to move from one place to another in search of food. Once the gorilla family has been found you will spend one hour with the gorillas in their natural habitat as you learn more about their behaviors, habits, watching them as they feed, breastfeed, taking photos with flashless camera among others which gives you extraordinary experiences on your safari.
Day 3 Kigali city tour and departure
- City tour: On your third day, you will wake up check out of the lodge and then transfer to Kigali the cleanest city in Africa for a city tour. On your city tour, you will be able to visit the Kigali genocide memorial site where you will learn more about the blood shading of the 1994 Rwanda genocide. You will also visit the art and craft markets where they make paintings, sculptures, visit Kimironko local market which is filled with local people selling different items such as souvenirs, market vendors selling fruits, vegetables, handmade crafts like mats, baskets among others.
- Transfer to Airport: After the Kimironko market tour you will go for the buffet in one of the hotels in Kigali and then the driver will transfer to the airport where you will be dropped off for your next flight or drop you off at any place of convenience.
End your 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- An English speaking driver-guide
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Kigali city tour
- Canoeing on twin lakes
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
Gorilla trekking tips for your safari in Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes national park is a tropical rain forest which means that it can rain anytime in the forest regardless of the season therefore you need to packs some essential items for your tour such as
- Hiking shoes
- Garden gloves
- Long sleeved shirt and trouser
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Warm sweaters
- Cotton long stockings
- Waterproof backpack to carry your equipment’s
- Drinking water and packed lunch from the lodge
- Walking stick
- Hiring a Porter who will help you carry your equipment and gives you a pull or a push in steep and slippery areas.
See also: 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari