3 Days Uganda Gorilla & Rwanda Golden Monkey trekking safari
3 Days Uganda Gorilla & Rwanda Golden Monkey trekking safari is one of the few Uganda Safari tours that take gives you Rwanda and Uganda Primates experience with Gorillas in Uganda and Golden Monkeys in Rwanda.
Highlights of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla & Rwanda Golden Monkey trekking safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking & Transfer to Volcanoes
- Day 3: Golden Monkey Trekking & Departure
Day 1: Pick-up in Kigali and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park.
- Transfer to Bwindi: Depending on your location in Kigali Rwanda, you will meet your safari guide and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park which is a home of the remaining mountain gorillas in Bwindi. The park is located in the south western part, close to Rwanda-Uganda borders that is Katuna and Cyanika. It’s a 4-6 hours’ drive with en-route lunch and the scenery.
- Check-in: On finishing with the immigration process at the border, proceed to locate your lodge close to Bwindi park where you will check-in, relax and our lodge for relaxation. Dinner and overnight stay at Ichumbi Gorilla lodge for mid-range/Bakiga lodge for budget/Nkuringo Gorilla lodge for luxury
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking experience and transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Gorilla trekking: Gorilla trekking is an early morning done activity. So you will wake up prepare for your trekking, have breakfast and by 7 am be at the park head office with your packed lunch and trekking gears for a briefing where you are allocated a gorilla family to visit before you head into the forest for the activity. It will probably take you 1-8 hours to find the gorillas because they keep moving from one place to another. When you get to see them, the experience is emotional exciting and this is when you are allowed to spend an hour with them while taking pictures and videos with consideration of rules and regulations to be followed.
- Transfer to Volcanoes National Park: After the Uganda gorilla trekking experience, walk back to the starting point where you will meet your guide to connect to Volcanoes national park in Rwanda. It’s a 4 hours’ drive from Bwindi. Dinner and overnight ta Virunga lodge for luxury/Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge for mid-range/Hotel Muhabura
Day 3: Golden Monkey Tracking and return to Kigali
- Golden Monkey Trekking: After breakfast at your lodge, drive to the park head offices. The procedure for golden monkey trekking is the same as those of gorilla trekking in all the gorilla trekking parks. After the briefing about the golden monkeys, connect to the starting point of the golden monkey tracking trail, you will also encounter other primates, birds, butterflies.
- Departure: After spending time with the golden monkeys, return for en-route lunch before you embark on your journey back to Kigali to either your hotel or airport for your return flight with memories of a 3 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari.
End of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla & Rwanda Golden Monkey trekking safari
See also: 5 Days Rwanda Gorillas & Golden Monkeys