4 Days Nyiragongo & Bwindi Gorilla Safari
4 Days Nyiragongo & Bwindi Gorilla Safari is a special Uganda Safari tour that gives you a blend of Hiking and Gorilla Trekking experiences in the Democratic Republic Congo and Uganda.
Highlights of the 4 Days Nyiragongo & Bwindi Gorilla Safari
- Day 1: Pick-up and transfer to Gisenyi/Goma
- Day 2: Nyiragongo volcano hike
- Day 3: Descend the volcano and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable NP
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking adventure and transfer back to Kigali
Details of the 4 Days tour
Day 1: Pick-up and transfer to Gisenyi/Goma
- Transfer to Goma: Depending on your location in Kigali city, you will meet your driver-guide and set off for Goma in Congo via the Gisenyi border in Rwanda. It will take you probably 3-4 hours’ to Gisenyi. Enjoy en-route lunch and explore a bit of Lake Kivu before you cross the border with your Congo guide.
- Check-in with Virunga park before you are driven to your accommodation to relax, have dinner and overnight stay at Hotel Linda
Day 2: Nyiragongo volcano hike
- Hiking Mount Nyiragongo: Drive to Kibati for about 15kms for briefing at 7 am. Along with your hiking gears and ranger, set off by 8 am on the Mount Nyiragongo hike. This takes a whole day to reach the peak where you will have a break and it is the same point of viewing the boiling lava, as the experience is more effective in the night. Camp at the top of the volcano.
Day 3: Descend the volcano and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable NP
- Transfer to Bwindi: In the morning, you will descend the volcano and transfer to cross back to Gisenyi. Meet your guide, have lunch and embark on your drive to cross to Uganda via the Cyanika border and proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable national park arriving in the evening at your lodge. Check-in and rest as you prepare for the next day’s gorilla trekking safari. Dinner and overnight at Ichumbi Gorilla lodge/Bakiga lodge/Buhoma Haven lodge
Day 4: Gorilla trekking adventure and transfer back to Kigali
- Gorilla Trekking: After your breakfast, drive to the park headquarters as early as 7 am with your trekking gears and packed lunch for a briefing before you proceed to hike and trek the gorillas. You will be allowed to spend an hour in the presence of the gorillas.
- Return to Kigali: Meet your guide at the starting point to embark on your drive to Kigali city and be dropped at either at your own accommodation or be dropped at your airport for your onward flight.
End of the 4 Days Nyiragongo & Bwindi Gorilla Safari