5 Days Sipi Falls and Kidepo national park Safari
5 Days Sipi Falls and Kidepo national park Safari gives you an opportunity to visit Sipi falls one of the remarkable falls in East Africa with a great deal of hiking experience and other activities that take place at the falls and discover one of Africa’s top wildlife destinations that is Kidepo valley national park, a scenic wildlife area with exciting faunas with over 80 animal species. The unique feature of Kidepo national park is the existence of the wild Cheetah and the Ostrich bird which cannot be found in any of the other 9 Uganda national parks.
Safari Highlights of the 5 Days Sipi Falls and Kidepo national park Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Sipi falls
- Day 2: Transfer to Kidepo national park
- Day 3: Morning game drive and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Day 4: Another game drive in Narus valley and transfer to Gulu City
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe and Departure
Day 1: Transfer to Sipi falls
- Transfer to Sipi falls: Set off from Kampala as early as possible to reach Sipi falls at good time for the hike. You will be picked up by your safari guide and transfer to Sipi falls in Kapchwora district, it’s a 6-7 hours’ drive with en-route lunch. Sipi falls is located in the foothills of Mount Elgon just at the edge of Mount Elgon national park nearing the Kenya border and the falls consist of 3 waterfalls with the highest fall dropping at 100m. Depending on your ability, you can hike 2 of the waterfalls or hike all the 3 falls. After hiking, meet your guide and transfer to your accommodation for dinner and overnight stay
- Accommodation and meals: Sipi River lodge for Luxury or Mid-range options, Lacam lodge for budget option
Day 2: Transfer to Kidepo national park
- As early as 6 am, have your breakfast, check-out of the lodge to embark on 8-9 hours’ drive to Kidepo valley national park. It’s a full day drive with en route breaks for lunch and stretching and sites of the eastern and far North-Eastern region of Uganda with its beautiful people. Arrive in the park late afternoon and proceed to check-in your booked accommodation to refresh, wait for dinner, and stay overnight.
- Accommodation and meals (Full board): Apoka Safari lodge/Adere Safari lodge for luxury option, Kidepo Savannah lodge for mid-range option, and Apoka Rest Camp for budget option
Day 3: Morning Game Drive and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Morning Game Drive: Have breakfast and head out for a game drive to explore the remarkable landscapes of Kidepo including the magical Narus Valley where you will have many chances of seeing a range of game including the herds of Cape Buffaloes, African elephants, Jackson’s Hartebeest, Klipspringer, Jackals and possibly Lions among others.
- Hot springs visit in Kidepo: Brace yourself another thrilling game drive in the vast savannah of Kidepo Valley intercepted by patches of Borassus palm and the rising scenic hills. Drive to Kidepo valley close to south Sudan border to visit the hot springs and you can encounter Ostriches within the region although their numbers are highly threatened by poaching by south Sudanese. Dinner and overnight stay at accommodation as above
Day 4: Another game drive in Narus valley and transfer to Gulu
- Another game drive in Narus valley and transfer to Gulu: After breakfast at your lodge, drive out for yet another thrilling game drive and explore more and missed animals in the park before you drive out of the park. Embark on your journey to Gulu with en-route lunch where you will stop for an overnight given the unbearable long drive from Kidepo directly to Kampala. Check-n at Churchill Hotel in Gulu town, refresh and spend the evening relaxing at the hotel with great memories of the trip. Dinner will be served at your own convenience.
Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe and Departure
- Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe and Departure: After breakfast, depart the Gulu and embark on your journey to Kampala or Entebbe with en-route lunch. It’s a 5-6 hours’ drive and on arrival in Kampala/Entebbe, you will be dropped at your provided hotel or if you have a flight, you will be dropped at Entebbe international airport for your onward flight back home.
End of Safari