5 Days Uganda Budget Primates tour from Kigali
5 Days Uganda Budget Primates tour from Kigali excursion features mainly gorilla trekking and Golden Monkey trekking. Both these activities can be done in the same park giving visitors a feel of Volcanoes national park in Rwanda since the two parks are only separated by the country borders. The Golden monkeys and Gorillas are the very similar to those of Rwanda however at a lower price as compared to Rwanda. Lake Bunyonyi is Uganda and East Africa’s deepest lake with estimated depth of about 44meters to 900 meters deep and a width of about 7 kilometres to 25 kilometres wide. Visiting Lake Bunyonyi is the best way to end your gorilla trekking safari as a way of relaxing before you return to your final destination. This trip starts and ends in Kigali – Rwanda to reduce the driving hours take could be taken from Kampala to the far south western part of Uganda close to the Rwanda borders of Katuna and Cyanika.
Highlights of the 5 Days Uganda Budget Primates tour
- Day 1: Pick-up in Kigali and transfer to Mgahinga national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking experience
- Day 3: Golden Monkeys trekking – transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 4: Full day excursion at Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Pick-up in Kigali and transfer to Mgahinga national park
- Pick-up in Kigali and transfer to Mgahinga: Upon arrival in Kigali in the morning hours/depending on your location in Kigali, you will meet our company representative/your safari guide and transfer to Mgahinga national park. It’s usually about 4-5 hours’ drive from Kigali city with the great views of the rolling Rwanda hills. This is exciting and magical! Cross to Uganda via the Cyanika border and connect to you accommodation for lunch and spend the afternoon at leisure for example taking a boat trip on Lake Mutanda. Dinner will be served at your convenience and overnight stay in your room.
- Accommodation and meals (Full board)
- Luxury options: Gahinga Safari lodge/Lake Mutanda Safari lodge
- Mid-range option; Lake Mulehe Safari lodge
- Budget option: Travellers’ Rest Hotel/Mucha lodge
Day 2: Gorilla trekking experience – Nyakagezi sector
- Gorilla trekking experience: Wake up very early on day 2 of your 5 Days Uganda Budget Primates tour, enjoy your breakfast and drive out of the lodge to connect to the park headquarters with your trekking gears and packed lunch and water. Meet with other trekkers and gather for a briefing from the park officials where you will be guided on the expectations of gorilla trekking experience. After you are allocated a group in groups of 8 people, head into the forest for your trek for the only gorilla family in Mgahinga national park. Gorilla trekking takes 2 to 8 hours depending on the movement of the gorilla family being visited. These primates roam the park freely and there is no way of telling where they will be for a particular. On finding them, you will be allowed 1 hour to view and take photos of these gentle primates before you descend back to meet your driver/guide and transfer back to your lodge.
- The time after trekking can be spent on a village/community Batwa tour or relaxing off at the lodge as you unwind with a glass of wine with the memories of your gorilla experience in Bwindi. Dinner and overnight booked lodge as above
Day 3: Golden Monkey trekking and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Golden Monkey trekking: After breakfast, you will return to the park headquarters in Mgahinga National Park for briefing about the Golden monkeys with your trekking gears. After briefing, your ranger guides will lead you into the forest to search for the Golden monkeys. On finding them, spend an hour viewing them while taking pictures and videos. After trekking, have lunch in Kisoro town then proceed to Kabale district where you will connect to Lake Bunyonyi. This is the deepest lake in East Africa and its Bilharzia from for human to use the water for different activities. Upon reaching the lake, connect to your accommodation for relaxation, dinner and overnight stay
- Accommodation and meals (Full board)
- Luxury option – Bunyonyi BirdNest lodge
- Mid-range option – Bunyonyi Eco-Resort/Bunyonyi Arcadia Cottages
- Budget option – Bunyonyi Overland Resort
Day 4: Full day excursion at Lake Bunyonyi
- Full day excursion at Lake Bunyonyi: Wake up for breakfast, meet your guide and connect for a boat experience on Lake Bunyonyi and visit some of the interesting islands on the lake. Return for lunch at the lodge and spend your afternoon in the company of the community while on your nature walk around the area or stay relaxing at your lodge with great memories of your safari. Before nightfall, return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay as above
Day 5: Transfer back to Kigali – City tour/Departure
- Transfer back to Kigali: After breakfast, check-out form the lodge to embark on your return to Kigali. Cross via Katuna or Cyanika border and arrive in Kigali at a good time for lunch at Des Mille Collins Hotel, enjoy a brief city tour visiting the Kigali Genocide memorial and Kimoronko market before your check-in time for your flight to your next destination. Alternatively, your safari guide can drop you at a location you advise in Kigali city.
End of 5 Days Uganda Budget Primates tour