6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari is a fascinating Uganda Safari tour package where a traveler gets to enjoy Gorilla Trekking and also get to do other leisure activites around Uganda.
Highlights of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kampala
- Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 3: Gorilla trekking experience
- Day 4: Transfer to Jinja via Kampala – Mountain biking
- Day 5: Day 5: White water rafting – Source of the Nile
- Day 6: Drive to Entebbe for departure
Details of the Tour
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: On your arrival at Entebbe airport, meet your safari guide to drive to Kampala City. Enjoy your relaxing drive on the newly completed express highway that was constructed to minimize the traffic on Entebbe-Kampala road. You will be dropped at Protea Skyz Hotel where you will check-in, relax, have dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: After breakfast, depart the hotel by 8 am to transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park (home of Uganda Mountain Gorillas). En-route stop at the equator and lunch in Mbarara town. Proceed to Bwindi and connect to check-in your booked lodge. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Haven Lodge/Ichumbi Gorilla lodge/Bakiga lodge for mid-range depending on your gorilla trekking sector.
Day 3: Gorilla trekking experience
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up early, have breakfast and connect to the forest with your packed food and water for a briefing from the park warden about the gorillas. Start the Gorilla trekking in a group of 8 people alongside your rangers. The hike can take about 2-8 hours depending on the location of the gorillas. Once you reach the gorillas, you are allowed to spend one hour with them as you stand 6 meters away.
- Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park: After trekking, meet your guide and transfer to Lake Mburo national park. Dinner and overnight stay Mpogo lodge
Day 4: Transfer to Jinja via Kampala – Mountain biking
- Transfer to Jinja: Early morning after breakfast, you will go for an early morning game drive in the park before you depart to embark on your journey to Jinja – home to the source of River Nile and former industrial town, en route stop for lunch in Kampala. Proceed to Jinja district which is about 3-4 hours from Kampala.
- Mountain Biking: Arrive in Jinja in the afternoon and connect for your mountain biking activity. This is a 2-4 hours activity riding through the communities and at the banks of the Nile. Retire from the activity and connect to check-in your hotel and refresh. Dinner and overnight stay at Jinja Nile Resort
Day 5: White water rafting – Source of the Nile
- White Water Rafting: After breakfast, meet your driver and connect for water rafting experience on the Nile. You will report at the starting point and receive a briefing from the experts. This is a full day activity. Return to your hotel, refresh and have lunch.
- Source of the Nile Experience: Connect to the source of the Nile and take a boat ride to the true source where water babbles like a fountain! Thereafter, your guide will pick you up and return for an overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 6: Drive to Entebbe for departure
- Return to Entebbe: You will have breakfast, at 8 am, check-out your hotel and embark on your drive back to Kampala where you will proceed from to connect to Entebbe airport for your flight to your next destination.
End of 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari