Highlights of the 7 Days Kidepo & Bwindi Flying Safari
- Day 1: Fly to Kidepo and afternoon Game Drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Day 3: Drive to Murchison Falls national park (Full day drive)
- Day 4: Boat cruise and hike top of the falls – evening game drive
- Day 5: Fly to Bwindi
- Day 6: Gorilla trekking experience
- Day 7: Fly to Entebbe International airport
Day 1: Fly to Kidepo and afternoon Game Drive
- Flight to Kidepo: Depart Entebbe airport aboard a scheduled domestic flight operated by Aero-link which operates only on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 12:30 hours arriving in Kidepo at 14:45 hours. This 2 hours flight will allow you beautiful Arial views of the lush countryside.
- Game Drive (Afternoon): You will land at Apoka airfield and your driver / guide will be waiting to transfer you to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon, head out for a game drive to explore the remarkable landscapes of Kidepo National Park including the magical Narus Valley where you will have many chances of seeing a range of game including the herds of Cape Buffaloes, African elephants, Jackson’s Hartebeest, Klipspringer, Jackals and possibly Lions among others before heading back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Kidepo Savannah Lodge for mid-range (Self-contained)/budget (non-self-contained tents)/Apoka lodge for luxury
Day 2: Morning game drive and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Morning Game Drive: Have breakfast and brace yourself another thrilling game drive in the vast savannah of Kidepo Valley intercepted by patches of Borassus palm and the rising scenic hills. Enjoy the stunning views of the morning sun shining over the hills of Lomej, the Lotukei Mountains to the north close to the Sudan border, the Morungole range to the southern boundary of Kidepo before the rays strike down to the endless valleys of Kidepo and Narus valley.
- Hotsprings Tour in Kidepo: Return to the lodge for lunch and unwind a bit before embarking on a drive to Kidepo valley close to south Sudan border to visit the hot springs and you can encounter Ostriches within the region although their numbers are highly threatened by poaching by south Sudanese.
Dinner and overnight at Kidepo Savannah lodge/Apoka as above
Day 3: Drive to Murchison Falls national park (Full day drive)
- Transfer to Murchison: Very early after breakfast, depart Kidepo via Gulu for lunch then proceed to Murchison falls national park. This is a full day drive entering the park through one of the gates. Drive to connect to your lodge for a night rest at Pakuba safari lodge for mid-range/Parra Safari lodge for luxury/Heritage Safari lodge for budget
Day 4: Boat cruise and hike top of the falls – evening game drive
- Boat Cruise: After breakfast, drive to the landing site for your morning boat cruise that starts at 9 am to the bottom of the falls.
- Hike to the top of the Falls: From there you will hike to the top of the falls. This hike is a bit tuff but it’s fascinating as you will enjoy seeing the falls at different points and finally when you reach the top of the falls, you will be amazed and eventually forget about the tuff hike. After spending a good time at the top of the falls, you will meet your driver and drive to cross the ferry in time to return to your lodge. Lunch will be served at your lodge. Relax at the lodge then later do the evening game drive to find some animals. Before nightfall, return to your lodge.
Day 5: Fly to Bwindi
- Delta Game Drive & Flight to Bwindi: Have breakfast and do a delta game drive before you connect to Pakuba airstrip for your connecting flight to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. Flights from Murchison depart at 13:15 on every Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday’s landing in Mweya airstrip at 14:15. Meet your other driver guide to drive to the lodge for late lunch. Spend the afternoon at leisure at your accommodation. Dinner and overnight at Bakiga lodge for budget/Buhoma lodge for mid-range/Gahinga Lodge for luxury. (Kindly be advised that these mentioned lodges will change depending on availability of gorilla permits in a given trekking sector)
Day 6: Gorilla trekking experience
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up early, have breakfast and connect to the forest with your packed food and water. The briefing from the park warden about the gorillas starts at 8 am where you will be guided on highlights about the way of life of the gorillas you will be tracking. The gorilla trekking hike can take anything from 2-8 hours. Once you reach the gorillas, you are allowed to spend one hour with them as you stand 6 meters away. Return to the lodge to unwind and dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above.
Day 7: Fly to Entebbe International airport
- Flight to Entebbe: After breakfast at the lodge, meet your driver to transfer to either Kihihi/Kisoro airstrip depending sector of gorilla trekking. Fly back to Entebbe airport for your onward flight back home.
End of tour 7 Days Kidepo & Bwindi Flying Safari
See also: 7 Days Uganda Vacation