7 Days Murchison & Kibale tour
Highlights of the 7 Days Murchison & Kibale tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls
- Day 2: Game Drive & Boat Cruise
- Day 3: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 4: Chimpanzee Trekking & Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary tour
- Day 5: Transfer to Jinja
- Day 6: Water Rafting & Source of the Nile Tour
- Day 7: Return to Kampala/Departure
Day 1: Pick up and transfer for Murchison Falls National Park
- Transfer to Murchison: Depending on your location in Kampala City, you will meet your driver guides and depart to connect to Murchison falls national park. It’s a 5 hours’ drive with en-route lunch,
- Rhino Trekking: En-route you will stopover at Ziwa rhino sanctuary for rhino trekking and …
- Top of the falls: later Proceed to enter the Kichumbanyobo gate and proceed to the top of the falls. Dinner and overnight at the lodge
Accommodation and Meals: Pakuba safari lodge (Mid-range)/Heritage Safari Lodge (Budget) on half board
Day 2: Game drive and launch cruise
- Game Dive: After an early breakfast at the lodge, you will go for a morning game drive. The activity takes about 3-5 hours depending on animals available, and you will find animals including elephants, Rothschild giraffes, buffaloes, lions, Hartebeest, Uganda Kobs, Oribis, and waterbucks.
- Boat Cruise: After the drive, you will return to the lodge for lunch. Later afternoon at 2 pm, go for a launch cruise on the along the Nile which will give you an exciting panoramic view at the bottom of the mighty Murchison falls. Along the cruise, you will encounter crocodiles, hippos, and birds on the river banks like kingfisher, cormorants, and bee-eater. You will spend time viewing the falls at the bottom while taking pictures then later return to meet your driver and connect back to your lodge and a relaxed evening. After viewing the bottom of the falls, sail back to meet your driver who will transfer you back to your lodge with en-route game drive. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 3: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Transfer to Kibale: Have breakfast and embark on your whole day drive to Kibale national park- the best safari destinations in Africa for chimpanzee tracking. Arrive in the park late evening and connect to your lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at Chimpanzee Guesthouse’s main house for mid-range/Isunga lodge for the budget on a full board basis.
Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking and Bigodi wetland Visit
- Chimpanzee Trekking: After breakfast on day 4 of the 7 Days Murchison & Kibale tour, you will go for chimpanzee trekking with your packed food and water. Meet your guide at the head office then enter the rainforest to start searching for the chimpanzee, this will take 2-5 hours to find the chimpanzees. On seeing them, you will spend 1 hour with the chimpanzees while taking pictures.
- Nature Walk: After tracking you will refresh at the lodge then go for a 2-3 hours nature walk then proceed before nightfall, return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 5: Transfer to Jinja
- Transfer to Jinja: After breakfast, embark on your drive to Jinja with en-route lunch. It’s a long drive so you need to start early enough. Dinner and overnight stay at 2 Friends Guesthouse
Day 6: Water rafting – Source of the Nile
- Water Rafting: After breakfast, meet your driver and connect for water rafting experience on the Nile. Have lunch then connect to the source of the Nile and take a boat ride to the true source where water babbles like a fountain!
- Source of the Nile Tour: Connect for lunch before you go the Source of River Nile where you will take a boat trip on Lake Victoria. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above.
Day 7: Return to Kampala – Departure
- Return to Kampala: You will have breakfast, return to Kampala with en-route lunch and be dropped at a location you will advise.
End of 7 Days Murchison & Kibale tour
See also: 5 Days Murchison & Jinja Safari