7 Days Ssesse, Ngamba Islands, and Lake Mburo tour
7 Days Ssesse, Ngamba Islands, and Lake Mburo tour: This 7 days Ssesse, Ngamba Islands and Lake Mburo national park tour is the best getaway from the daily work seeking to relax and enjoy the nature. This trip features a visit the Ngamba island Sanctuary is a home of about 39 orphaned chimpanzees located on one of Lake Victoria islands called Ngamba and its about 45 minutes’ boat trip to reach the island from Entebbe. Ssesse islands are yet other islands on Lake Victoria composed of about 40 islands mainly for relaxation and fishing experiences for visitors. These islands have beaches and other tourist sites for visitors to enjoy. This trip also features Lake Mburo national park which is the nearest national park to the city with some of the interesting wildlife to see. Other activities that will be enjoyed include; boat cruises, birdwatching, and nature walks.
Tour highlights of 7 Days Ssesse, Ngamba Islands, and Lake Mburo tour
- Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe
- Day 2: Full day excursion at Ngamba Island – Chimpanzee sanctuary
- Day 3: Transfer to Ssesse Islands
- Day 4: Full day Ssesse islands
- Day 5: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park
- Day 6: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Day 7: Transfer to back to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe
- Arrival at Entebbe: Upon arrival at Entebbe airport, you will be met by our company representative/driver who will welcome you and transfer you to your hotel within Entebbe. Dinner and overnight stay
- Accommodation and meals (Half board), Luxury option – Protea Hotel Entebbe, Mid-range option – 2 Friends Guesthouse, and Budget option – ViaVia Guesthouse
Day 2: Full day excursion at Ngamba Island – Chimpanzee sanctuary
- Full day excursion at Ngamba Island: After breakfast, meet your driver guide who will drive you to the connect boat to Ngamba Island for the Chimpanzee feeding experience. Upon arrival at the sanctuary, you will be directed to the visitor’s center where you will be given an introduction to the project, its history, residents and their plight. You will receive an educational orientation by a chimpanzee caregiver and view a feeding of the chimpanzees from the visitors’ raised platform area along the edge of the sanctuary fence. Enjoy lunch and other afternoon activities. Other optional activities include Ngamba Trail, Chimpanzee feeding and visiting the fishing villages. Later get on the boat back to the landing where your driver will be waiting to transfer you back to hotel where you will have dinner and overnight stay
Day 3: Transfer to Ssesse Islands
- Transfer to Ssesse Islands: After breakfast at the hotel, early afternoon your guide will be at the hotel to transfer you to Ssesse Islands. Check-out of the hotel with your packed lunch to connect for your 2 pm via Nakiwogo where the ferry to the Ssese islands dock. The ferry has a specific time of departure which is 2 pm and takes 3- 4 hours to reach Lutoboka bay in Bugala Island. The Ssesse Islands are one of the most interesting places for relaxation. On the ferry, you will be able to take pictures of the lake, fishing activities, you get to see many islands as you get closer to Kalangala, you will also enjoy the breeze of the lake, see different bird species and so many other experiences. On landing, you will connect to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation and meals (Half board); Luxury option – Brovad Hotel, Mid-range option – Ssese Island Palm Beach Hotel, and Budget option – Hornbill Camp
Day 4: Full day Ssesse islands
- Full day Ssesse islands: After a delicious breakfast, take a nature walk in the forest and later a boat trip and see some of the islands including the Bukasa, Buggala, Buvuma, and Banda which are popularly known for interesting excursions. Return to your hotel for a lunch and spend your afternoon at leisure while relaxing at the beach on a sunbath, or swimming, or mountain biking, to mention a few. Return to your hotel before nightfall for dinner and overnight stay at hotel as above
Day 5: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: After breakfast, check-in out of your hotel very early to drive back to the landing site for the ferry that returns to Nakiwogo at 7 am. On reaching the landing site, embark on your journey to Lake Mburo national park which is a 5 hours’ drive with en-route lunch in Masaka city. Proceed to the park in the western part of Uganda and on arrival, connect to your accommodation to refresh, dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation and meals (Full board), Luxury option – Mihinga lodge, Mid-range option – Mpogo lodge, and Budget option – Eagles Nest lodge
Day 6: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise: Wake up for breakfast then connect for a morning game drive in the park to find the park’s occupants including the Zebras, Impalas, Giraffes, waterbucks, warthogs, the Uganda Kobs and if your lucky day, you will spot the lions and leopards. After the game drive, return to your lodge for lunch then return for your afternoon boat cruise. Lake Mburo is a home of a variety of different bird species and some water animals. After the boat experience return to relax at lodge, dinner and overnight at lodge as above
Day 7: Transfer to back to Kampala/Entebbe
- Transfer to back to Kampala/Entebbe: After breakfast, spend the morning at leisure on a game drive or any other optional activity like horseback riding or mountain biking before you embark on your journey back to Kampala/Entebbe.
End of the 7 Days Ssesse, Ngamba Islands, and Lake Mburo tour