7 Days Uganda Vacation
7 Days Uganda Vacation is a one week tour around the most interesting National Parks in Uganda and other amazing safari destinations that are fascinating.
Highlights of the 7 Days Uganda Vacation
- Day 1: Transfer to Jinja
- Day 2: Full Days Jinja Tour
- Day 3: Transfer to Sipi Falls
- Day 4: Drive to Kidepo National Park
- Day 5: Game Drive & Hotsprings tour
- Day 6: Game Drive & Transfer to Gulu
- Day 7: Return to Kampala
Details of the tour
Day 1: Transfer to Jinja
- Transfer to Jinja: Depending on your location in Kampala City, meet your guide and transfer to Jinja. Jinja town is 2-3 hours’ drive from Kampala depending on the traffic.
- Sezibwa Falls: En-route visit Sezibwa falls which are located on Sezibwa River which flows from the wetland between Lake Victoria and Lake Kyoga. The falls are affiliated with Buganda traditions and culture, spend about half an hour on rocking climbing and take a nature walk then drive past Mabira forest and several places with views of the landscape, vegetation and plantations.
- Jinja Set-in: Arrive in Jinja with great views of Lake Victoria and the newly constructed bridge. Have lunch in Jinja town. Depending on your interest, there are several activities you can do including horseback riding, quaking, mountain biking to mention a few, these are optional activities. Accommodation and dinner: Jinja Nile Resort – room facing the Nile
Day 2: Full day Jinja tour
- Full-Day Jinja Tour: Enjoy morning breakfast, and transfer to visit the Itanda falls, explore the falls and return to Jinja town for lunch. After lunch, drive to the source of the Nile, explore the area too then take a boat trip to the point where the source of River Nile was discovered. Take an evening boat cruise. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above.
Day 3: Transfer to Sipi falls
- Transfer to Sipi Falls: Early morning breakfast and transfer to Sipi falls in Kapchwora district, it’s a 3-4 hours’ drive. Arrive at a good time for lunch at the lodge. Sipi falls is located in the foothills of Mount Elgon just at the edge of Mount Elgon national park nearing the Kenya border and the falls consist of 3 waterfalls with the highest fall dropping at 100m. Depending on your ability, you can hike 2 of the waterfalls or hike all the 3 falls. Before nightfall return to your lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at Sipi River lodge (Aniet and Kapsurur)
Day 4: Drive to Kidepo national park
- Transfer to Kidepo: As early as 5 am to start your long drive from Sipi to Kidepo Valley. It’s a full day drive with en route breaks for lunch and stretching. Arrive in the park late evening and connect to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at Apoka lodge
Day 5: Morning game drive in Narus and Hot springs visit in Kidepo Valley
- Game Drive: Have breakfast and head out for a game drive to explore the remarkable landscapes of Kidepo National Park including the magical Narus Valley where you will have many chances of seeing a range of game including the herds of Cape Buffaloes, African elephants, Jackson’s Hartebeest, Klipspringer, Jackals and possibly Lions among others. Brace yourself another thrilling game drive in the vast savannah of Kidepo Valley intercepted by patches of Borassus palm and the rising scenic hills.
- Hotsprings Experience: Drive to Kidepo valley close to south Sudan border to visit the hot springs and you can encounter Ostriches within the region although their numbers are highly threatened by poaching by south Sudanese.
- Dinner and overnight at Apoka lodge as above.
Day 6: Another game drive and transfer to Gulu
- Game Drive: After breakfast at your lodge, drive out for yet another thrilling game drive and explore more and missed animals in the park. Or choose to spend the day at leisure.
- Community Tour: In the afternoon, you will go for a community tour where you will visit one of the communities near the park, learn more about the Karamojong culture and particularly in their dances. Before nightfall, return to your lodge for relaxation dinner and overnight stay.
Day 7: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe and Departure
- Return to Kampala: After breakfast, depart the Gulu and embark on your journey to Kampala or Entebbe with en-route lunch. It’s a 5-6 hours’ drive and be dropped at a location you advise.
End of 7 Days Uganda Vacation
See also: 7 Days Murchison & Kibale tour