8 Days Fishing Safari in Ssesse Islands and Murchison falls safari
8 Days Fishing Safari in Ssesse Islands and Murchison falls safari is an exceptional and enjoyable trip. It is conducted in beautiful pristine surroundings while relaxing and fishing in Uganda’s only fishing areas that are Lake Victoria and River Nile. This trip features exploring Ssesse islands which are the main suppliers of fish in the Kampala city. Ssesse islands are also best known as places of relaxation. It also features Murchison falls national park where the Nile River happens to flow through thus supporting sports fishing activities given the existence of different fish species on the Nile. The best area for fishing in the park is at the bottom of the exciting falls. While here, you have better chances of finding the most sought fish which is the Nile Perch. There are added attractions to explore while sports fishing in Murchison falls national park including; a boat cruise to the bottom of the falls giving you an opportunity to view the falls from the bottom and both water and land animals that come close to the water banks.
Safari highlights of the 8 Days Fishing Safari in Ssesse Islands and Murchison falls safari
- Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe airport – Hotel
- Day 2: Transfer to Ssesse Islands – Kalangala
- Day 3: Fishing experience on Lake Victoria
- Day 4: Ssesse islands tour
- Day 5: Transfer to Murchison Falls national park
- Day 6: Boat cruise to the falls and half day fishing experience
- Day 7: Full day sports fishing
- Day 8: Transfer back to Kampala/Departure
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe airport – Hotel
- Arrival at Entebbe airport: Upon arrival at Entebbe airport, meet your safari guide who will transfer you to your hotel. Depending on your arrival flight, spend the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight at; Entebbe Protea Hotel for the luxury option, 2 Friends Guesthouse for a mid-range option, and ViaVia Guesthouse for a budget option
Day 2: Transfer to Ssesse Islands – Kalangala
- Transfer to Ssesse Islands: After breakfast, stay at the hotel, have lunch before your safari guide comes to pick you up and drive to Nakiwogo where the ferry to the Ssese island’s dock. The ferry has a specific time of departure which is 2 pm and takes 3- 4 hours to reach Lutoboka bay in Bugala Island. The Ssesse Islands are one of the most interesting places for relaxation. On the ferry, you will be able to take pictures of the lake, fishing activities, you get to see many islands as you get closer to Kalangala, you will also enjoy the breeze of the lake, see different bird species and so many other experiences. On landing, you will connect to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
- Accommodation and meals (Half board): Luxury option – Brovad Hotel, Mid-range option – Ssese Island Palm Beach Hotel, and Budget option – Hornbill Camp
Day 3: Fishing experience on Lake Victoria
- Fishing experience: In the morning you will have your breakfast and then with packed lunch you will go for full day fishing. Return in the evening for dinner and overnight on the Island.
Day 4: Ssese islands tour
- Ssese islands tour: After a delicious breakfast, take a nature walk in the forest and later a boat trip and see some of the islands including the Bukasa, Buggala, Buvuma, and Banda which are popularly known for interesting excursions. Return to your hotel for lunch and spend your afternoon at leisure while relaxing at the beach on a sunbath, or swimming, or mountain biking, to mention a few. Return to your hotel before nightfall for dinner and overnight stay at the hotel as above
Day 5: Transfer to Murchison Falls national park
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: After breakfast, check-in out of your hotel very early to arrive on time for the return ferry at 7 am back to Nakiwogo landing site where you will connect on your next destination – Murchison falls National Park. It’s a 5-6 hours’ drive with en-route lunch. On reaching the park, drive to the top of the falls where the park derives its name. At the top you will see how the good-natured River Nile is turned into white thunderous foam as it forces itself through a narrow gorge to fall about 45 meters. Later drive to check-in your lodge.
- Accommodation and meals; Paraa Safari Lodge/Nile Safari lodge for luxury option, Pakuba Safari lodge for Mid-range option, and Red Chilly Rest Camp for budget option
Day 6: Boat cruise to the falls and half day fishing experience
- Boat cruise to the falls and half day fishing experience: In the morning have breakfast and the go for your fishing experience at the bottom of the falls. During the boat cruise, you will also be able to view animals like Hippos, crocodiles, buffaloes, and birds. Proceed to view the bottom of the falls before you engage in your fishing experience. This will take 2 hours before you return to your lodge for lunch. Spend the rest of the days at leisure. Dinner and overnight at lodge as above
Day 7: Full day sports fishing
- Full day sports fishing: On this day, you will have full experience for sports fishing in the park until you are able to find the Nile perch however not guaranteed. After breakfast, meet your safari guide and transfer to your starting point with your packed lunch. Your guide will be briefed about the activity before you connect fishing experience. This will take place in a different locations on the Nile. Dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above.
Day 8: Transfer back to Kampala/Departure
- Transfer back to Kampala/Departure: After morning breakfast, drive out the park and embark on your journey back to Kampala. This is a 4-5 hour. You will be dropped at a location you advise in Kampala/Entebbe and if you have a flight, you will be dropped off at Entebbe airport for your onward flight back home.
End of the 8 Days Fishing Safari in Ssesse Islands and Murchison falls safari