8 Days Uganda Safari Tour
8 Days Uganda Safari Tour is an exclusive Uganda Safari Tour that will take you to different parts of Uganda as you enjoy the amazing wildlife species that the country has to offer. You will engage in different tour activities like game drives, boat cruises, gorilla trekking, and other wildlife exploring activities.
Highlights of the 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour
- Day 1: Kampala to Kasese district
- Day 2: 1-day hike Mount Rwenzori & transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 3: Game drive and boat cruise & transfer to Ishasha sector
- Day 5: Gorilla tracking in Bwindi & Transfer to Kisoro district
- Day 6: Batwa Community tour and explore Lake Mutanda
- Day 7: Transfer to Lake Mburo, boat trip and evening game drive
- Day 8: Mountain biking and drive back to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Kampala to Kasese district
- Transfer to Kasese: Depending on your location in Kampala City, you will be picked up by our company representative/guide who will then transfer to Kasese district which is the nearest town to Mount Rwenzori national park. It’s a 7-8 hours’ drive with en-routes at the stopover for lunch in Fort portal town. Proceed to drive through the crater lakes as you connect to Kasese district, proceed to check-in your lodge at the foothills of Mountain Rwenzori. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel Margarita
Day 2: 1-day hike Mount Rwenzori & transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Hike Mount Rwenzori: After early morning breakfast, meet your safari guide and drive for about 45 minutes to connect to Mount Rwenzori national park. Report to the starting point for a briefing and ensure you have your hiking gears. The hike starts at 8 am and the first few kilometers are pretty steady as you hike through the montane forest with tall thick undergrowth trees, streams, and rivers. You also have chances of spotting different bird species and primates. As you continue climbing the mountain gets steeper as you climb the ridge to join the highest trail for the day of about 2,373 meters hike.
- Transfer to Queen: You will have your lunch, return to the starting point, meet your guide and drive for about 30 minutes to Queen Elizabeth national park. Dinner and overnight stay at Katara lodge
Day 3: Game drive and boat cruise – Ishasha sector
- Game Drive: Early morning after breakfast, connect to the Kasenyi area for the lion tracking experience and game drive, encounter animals like the elephants, buffaloes, antelopes, and warthogs. On a lucky day, you will see the lions and leopards. Drive for lunch your lodge.
- Boat Cruise Experience: Thereafter get ready for the after boat Ride to Kazinga channel to see a number of Hippos at the water and shore, see the Buffaloes, a number of birds and many more it’s an amazing experience in the wildness. Thereafter, drive to check-in your lodge in the Ishasha sector. Dinner and overnight stay at Enjojo lodge
Day 4: Ishasha game drive and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable
- Game Drive (Tree Climbing lions): Early morning after breakfast, drive through Ishasha on a game drive to find the tree-climbing lions and other animals that inhabit the park. Have en-route lunch as you connect to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. Dinner and overnight stay at Buhoma Haven lodge/Bakiga lodge
Day 5: Gorilla tracking in Bwindi – Kisoro district
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up early to continue the 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour and have the morning for breakfast. The lodge will prepare your packed lunch and water, get ready for the trek, our guide will pick you up and drive you to the park headquarters, be briefed about the gorilla trekking rules and regulations, show your permit thereafter you will be grouped in a number of 8 people meet the guide and rangers who will trek with you in the National park. The trek takes 1-7 hours in the forest; this is because the mountain gorillas are wildlife animals that keep moving from place to place. You will keep trailing through the forest and as you trek you will have a chance to see a number of bird species in the Jungle, trees, geckos, reptiles, butterflies, primates and many more. Thereafter when you finally meet the mountain Gorillas, see them as they eat, play, groom each other, build their nests and many more and very thrilling. After the trek, descend, meet your guide and embark on your journey to Kisoro district. Dinner and night stay at Travellers Rest Hotel
Day 6: Batwa Community tour and explore Lake Mutanda
- Batwa Experience: After breakfast, connect for a Batwa community experience in Mgahinga national park where you will learn more of the Batwa people, their way of life and entertainment.
- Lake Mutanda Experience: Have lunch then spend the after at exploring Lake Mutanda and visit some of the islands on the lake on a canoe ride, hike around Lake Mutanda nature walk trails through the terrain hills with en-route lunch at Lake Mutanda resort. Later in the evening before nightfall return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 7: Transfer to Lake Mburo – boat trip and evening game drive
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: After breakfast, check-in very early to connect to Lake Mburo national park.
- Boat Cruise: Have lunch at your lodge, then later afternoon connect for a boat trip on Lake Mburo and see the antelopes as they lick the salt, Nile crocodiles, birds and many more thereafter an evening game drive will increase your chances of seeing animals. Return to the lodge relax and have dinner at Eagles Nest lodge
Day 8: Mountain biking and drive back to Kampala/Entebbe
- Mountain Biking Experience: After your breakfast at the lodge, prepare for your mountain biking experience in Lake Mburo National Park where you will view animals while cycling, see mammals as some return to their hideouts mammals including Giraffes, Zebras, Elands, waterbucks, Topis, Kobs, Impalas, and many more and for bird lovers you will have a chance to see the birds, beautiful scenarios of the park. This is a 1 to 3 hours activity.
- Return to Kampala: Thereafter, embark on your journey to Kampala city/ Entebbe. You will drive back with stopovers for lunch and at the Equator, you can’t stand on the two lines the North and South pole latitude, take some photos for memories, continue to Kampala and the guide will drop you at the location you will advise or be dropped at Entebbe airport for your evening flight back home.
End of the 8 Days Uganda Safari Tour
Inclusions in the price:
- Pick-up and drop off
- 1-day Rwenzori hike
- Gorilla Permits
- Ground transport in a 4X4 private vehicle and fuel
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation and meals as described in the itinerary
- Boat trips and batwa community tour
- Mountain biking
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- Park entry fees and boat cruise
- Activities mentioned in the program
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge
- International flight
- Visa fees for Uganda
- Optional activity
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature like Laundry, Telephone calls, among others.
- Tips and gratuities