8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Trekking tour is a splendid Uganda Safaris Tour that will give a traveler a feel of gorillas and Wildlife in Different national parks in Uganda.
Highlights of the 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Trekking tour
- Day 1: Kampala to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 2: Game drive and boat cruise – Ishasha sector
- Day 3: Ishasha game drive and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable
- Day 4: Gorilla tracking in Bwindi – Kisoro district
- Day 5: Explore Lake Mutanda – full day
- Day 6: Batwa community – Lake Mburo national park – Evening game drive
- Day 7: Mountain biking – boat trip
- Day 8: Drive back to Kampala/Entebbe
Details of the tour
Day 1: Kampala to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to Queen: Depending on your location in Kampala, you will be picked up by our company representative/guide who will then transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park. It’s a 6 hours’ drive with en-routes at the stopover at the equator, proceed for lunch in Mbarara town.
- Crater Lakes: On arrival in the park, explore the crater lakes before you proceed to check in your lodge for relaxation. Dinner and overnight stay at Katara lodge
Day 2: Game drive and boat cruise – Ishasha sector
- Game Drive: Early morning after breakfast, connect to the Kasenyi area for the lion tracking experience and game drive, encounter animals like the elephants, buffaloes, antelopes, and warthogs. On a lucky day, you will see the lions and leopards. Drive for lunch your lodge.
- Boat Cruise: Thereafter get ready for the after boat Ride to Kazinga channel to see a number of Hippos at the water and shore, see the Buffaloes, a number of birds and many more it’s an amazing experience in the wildness.
- Transfer to Ishasha: Thereafter, drive to check-in your lodge in the Ishasha sector. Dinner and overnight stay at Enjojo lodge
Day 3: Ishasha game drive and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable
- Ishasha Game Drive: Early morning after breakfast, drive through Ishasha on a game drive to find the tree-climbing lions and other animals that inhabited the park.
- Transfer to Bwindi: Have en-route lunch as you connect to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. Dinner and overnight stay at Buhoma Haven lodge/Bakiga lodge
Day 4: Gorilla tracking in Bwindi & transfer to Kisoro district
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up early to continue the 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Trekking tour and have the morning for breakfast. The lodge will prepare your packed lunch and water, get ready for the trek, our guide will pick you up and drive you to the park headquarters, be briefed about the gorilla trekking rules and regulations, show your permit thereafter you will be grouped in a number of 8 people meet the guide and rangers who will trek with you in the National park. The trek takes 1-7 hours in the forest, this is because the mountain Gorillas are wildlife animals that keep moving from place to place. You will keep trailing through the forest and as you trek you will have a chance to see a number of bird species in the Jungle, trees, geckos, reptiles, butterflies, primates and many more. Thereafter when you finally meet the mountain Gorillas, see them as they eat, play, groom each other, build their nests and many more and very thrilling.
- Transfer to Kisoro: After the trek, descend, meet your guide and embark on your journey to Kisoro district. Dinner and night stay at Travellers Rest Hotel
Day 5: Explore Lake Mutanda – full day
- Lake Mutanda Experience: After breakfast, transfer to explore Lake Mutanda and visit some of the islands on the lake on a canoe ride, hike around Lake Mutanda nature walk trails through the terrain hills with en-route lunch at Lake Mutanda resort. Later in the evening before nightfall return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay at lodge as above
Day 6: Batwa community & Transfer to Lake Mburo national park
- Batwa Experience: After breakfast, connect for a Batwa community experience in Mgahinga national park where you will learn more of the Batwa people, their way of life and entertainment.
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: Meet your guide and embark on a 5 hours drive to Lake Mburo national park with en-route lunch. Arrive in the park late afternoon and connect for an evening game drive before you connect to your lodge to rest, dinner and overnight at Eagles Nest lodge
Day 7: Mountain biking – boat trip
- Mountain Biking: After breakfast prepare for your mountain biking experience in Lake Mburo park where you will view animals while cycling, see mammals as some return to their hideouts mammals including Giraffes, Zebras, Elands, waterbucks, Topis, Kobs, Impalas, and many more, during the game drive for bird lovers you will have a chance to see the birds, beautiful scenarios of the park. This is a 1 to 3 hours activity.
- Boat Cruise: Later afternoon connect for a boat trip on Lake Mburo and get see the antelopes as they lick the salt, Nile crocodiles, birds and many more thereafter return to the lodge relax and have dinner at the lodge as above.
Day 8: Drive back to Kampala/Entebbe
- Return to Kampala: After your breakfast at the lodge, transfer back to Kampala city/ Entebbe. You will drive back with stopovers for lunch and at the Equator, you can’t stand on the two lines the North and South pole latitude, take some photos for memories, continue to Kampala and the guide will drop you at the location you will advise or be dropped at Entebbe airport for your evening flight back home.
End of Safari 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Trekking tour
Inclusions in the price:
- Pick-up and drop
- Gorilla Permits
- Ground transport in a 4X4 private vehicle and fuel
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation and meals as described in the itinerary
- Boat trips and Batwa community tour
- Mountain biking
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- Park entry fees and boat cruise
- Activities mentioned in the program
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge
- International flight
- Visa fees for Uganda
- Optional activity
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature like Laundry, Telephone calls, among others.
- Tips and gratuities
End of the 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Trekking
See also: 17 Days Uganda Safari