10 Days Uganda & Kenya Safari
10 Days Uganda & Kenya Safari is a bit lengthy but is an amazing safari tour where a traveler gets a chance to visit Uganda & Kenya in one tour package.
Highlights of the 10 Days Uganda & Kenya Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls
- Day 2: Game Drive & Boat Cruise
- Day 3: Transfer to Kibale
- Day 4: Chimpanzee Trekking & Transfer to Queen
- Day 5: Transfer to Bwindi
- Day 6: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Day 7: Fly to Masai Mara Kenya
- Day 8: Full Day Masai Mara Experience
- Day 9: Hot Air Balloon Safaris & Game Drive
- Day 10: Departure
Details of the Tour
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison falls National Park – Rhino trekking and Top of the falls
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: Wake up, have breakfast and meet your safari driver to start your 10 days Uganda & Kenya safari. Transfer to Murchison falls national park as early as 7 am with en-route stop at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for a rhino trekking experience before you proceed to the park. It will take 2-3 hours at lunchtime.
- Top of the falls experience: You will enter through the Kichumbanyobo gate, drive through Budongo forest and proceed to the top of the falls where you will experience the thunderous falls at a closer view. Retreat from the activity and meet your guide to drive to your accommodation to rest. Dinner will be served and overnight stay at Paraa Safari Lodge for luxury/Murchison River lodge for mid-range/Heritage Safari lodge for the budget option
Day 2: Game drive and launch cruise – Murchison Falls
- Game Drive: After your early breakfast, meet your guide to start a game drive and explore the various animals in the park like elephants, giraffes, lions, Uganda kobs among others.
- Boat Cruise: Later afternoon, you will go for a boat cruise on the park’s main tourist attraction the unique Murchison Falls on River Nile where you will enjoy the views of the falls at quite a distance. While on the cruise, expect to see some of the animals like the hippos, crocodiles along the sandbank. Other land animals like buffaloes, elephants can also be spotted on the river banks. After viewing the falls, return to your guide and drive back to your lodge with en-route game drive. Dinner and overnight at lodge as above
Day 3: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Transfer to Kibale: You will wake up very early, prepare for an early transfer to Kibale National park. It’s quite a long drive so depart Murchison by 7 am after your breakfast. It’s a 7-8 hours’ drive with en-route lunch. Arrive in Fort portal town late afternoon and connect to your accommodation to rest. Dinner and overnight stay at Isunga lodge for budget/Chimpanzee guesthouse for mid-range/Kyaninga lodge for luxury
Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking – Queen Elizabeth national park
- Chimpanzee Trekking: Have early morning breakfast and go for briefing before you start Chimpanzee trekking. Kibale National Park is one of the best safari destinations in Africa for chimpanzee trekking. Kibale’s 795 sq.km National Park contains one of the most beautiful and with the most varying tracts of tropical forest in the whole of Uganda. This is a home to a number of forest wildlife, most especially 13 species of primate coupled with chimpanzees.
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park: After trekking, have lunch then transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park, here you will do not activity but just to reduce the distance from Kibale to Bwindi national park. Dinner and overnight stay at Parkview Safari lodge for mid-range/Katara lodge for luxury/ Pumba Safari cottages for budget/
Day 5: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: After having your morning breakfast, you will set off for Bwindi impenetrable national park. You will have lunch en-route, arriving in Bwindi in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Haven lodge – mid-range/Bakiga lodge for budget/Buhoma lodge for luxury
Day 6: Gorilla trekking – Bwindi
- Gorilla Trekking: After early morning breakfast, you will drive to the park headquarters for briefing and go for gorilla trekking. This could take 4-6 hours depending on the movements of the gorillas. After the Uganda Gorilla trekking experience, meet your driver and embark on your journey back to Entebbe. Please be advised that this is quite a long drive arriving Entebbe after 9 pm in the night. Dinner and overnight at Best Western Garden Hotel
Day 7: Fly to Masai Mara
- Fly to Masai Mara: After breakfast at the hotel, depart at 10 am for your check-in flight to Masai Mara – Kenya with Aerolink Uganda. Aero link operates daily flights from Entebbe airport to Masai Mara departing at 12:15 pm and arriving at 14:30 pm. On landing in Masai Mara, meet your safari driver and connect to your lodge for lunch. Masai Mara National Reserve is the world’s most famous reserve known for having the highest concentration of plains’ game together with their assorted predators. Bisecting is the Mara River with its populations of Hippos and Crocodiles. After an afternoon lunch, you embark on a late afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Masai Mara Serena lodge for luxury/Simba lodge for mid-range
Day 8: Masai Mara full day
- Masai Mara Full Day Experience: After breakfast, enjoy a full day in the park with packed lunch in search of its popular residents, The Masai Mara plains are full of wildebeest during the Wildebeest migration season early July to end September, zebra, impala, topi, giraffe, Thomson’s gazelle are regularly seen, leopards, lions, hyenas, cheetah, jackal and bat-eared foxes. Black rhino are a little shy and hard to spot but are often seen at a distance if you are lucky. Hippos are abundant in the Mara River as are very large Nile crocodiles, which lay in wait for a meal as the wildebeest cross on their annual quest to find new pastures. Later Meals and overnight at lodge as above,
Day 9: Hot Air balloon (Optional) and game drive – Masai Mara
- Hot Air balloon Experience: Wake up early; meet the Hot Air Safaris crew to transfer for your hot air balloon safari experience (Optional activity). Enjoy another game drive searching for the missed animals. After your lunch, connect to Nairobi. Dinner and overnight stay at the Hilton Hotel
Day 10: Departure
- Departure: Depending on your return flight back home, you will have your breakfast at leisure, visit some sites in Nairobi for example; the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center, and Karen Blixen Museum Tour. These sites will be paid by the clients themselves as it’s an option activity. Meals also on this day are not included.
End of the 10 Days Uganda & Kenya Safari